Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

mfinaly

ISO: Tips on importing contacts from Google Contacts

SOLVE

I have 72 contacts with varying and inconsistent amounts and types of data (email, cell, first name, last name). When I go to import the .csv file it only recognizes/brings in 5 accounts. I set the delimiter as commas, ignoring multiples and it ends up putting the data all over the place in different cells. Do I have to manually enter/fix the others. How often do Hubspot app users end up manually inputting their data?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @mfinaly, and welcome to the community! I would recommend checking out this guide from our Knowledge Base about importing contacts into the Marketing Database. This will explain the best practice for formatting your CSV file, as well as provide and example template you can use. When using this template, customers are able to successfully import their customer data regardless of how complete it may be for individual contacts on the list. I would recommend paying special attention to the field mapping section of the process, as this can be where people often run into the most trouble. 

Please let me know how this works for you!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @mfinaly, and welcome to the community! I would recommend checking out this guide from our Knowledge Base about importing contacts into the Marketing Database. This will explain the best practice for formatting your CSV file, as well as provide and example template you can use. When using this template, customers are able to successfully import their customer data regardless of how complete it may be for individual contacts on the list. I would recommend paying special attention to the field mapping section of the process, as this can be where people often run into the most trouble. 

Please let me know how this works for you!

0 Upvotes