Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

cmlawson
Participant

How does HubSpot apply contact record and company pictures?

SOLVE

I uploaded some contacts. Some have headshots, some don't. 

I figured when I saw the profiles of the people with headshots, I'd see a social media profile there but there's not (that I can find)

Where is HS getting those images? I'd LOVE to see the social media URLs. 

1 Accepted solution
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @cmlawson as outlined in this knowledge article the image for a contact's profile picture is determined using HubSpot's proprietary database of contact images. If no image is found using this database, HubSpot will use the image we have associated with the contact's email domain. In most cases this will be a company logo.

To shed further light, this database is largely built up of images canned from Twitter handles and vairous other social media channels. The third-party software that is used in this case is called FullContact. Signficantly, HubSpot cannot scan/retrieve issues fron LinkedIn due to permission rules. 

The profile picture is gathered and applied automatically, but you can change it on a contact-by-contact basis by following the steps in this article.

I hope this helps further clarify the process!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @cmlawson

This is indeed an interesting question. HubSpot doesn't divulge where it gets its insights data from (in which I assume the headshot is included) stating that it is aggregated from a variety of public sources. 

I just looked at one contact at random and found that the headshot for them most likely comes from their LinkedIn profile but neither their LinkedIn bio or twitter account are in their contact record. 

As I am sure you have seen, sometimes HubSpot gets the headshot quite wrong!

Still, they have now introduced the feature allowing us to change the headshot if we so wish. 

Would be nice to get to the bottom of this though. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @cmlawson as outlined in this knowledge article the image for a contact's profile picture is determined using HubSpot's proprietary database of contact images. If no image is found using this database, HubSpot will use the image we have associated with the contact's email domain. In most cases this will be a company logo.

To shed further light, this database is largely built up of images canned from Twitter handles and vairous other social media channels. The third-party software that is used in this case is called FullContact. Signficantly, HubSpot cannot scan/retrieve issues fron LinkedIn due to permission rules. 

The profile picture is gathered and applied automatically, but you can change it on a contact-by-contact basis by following the steps in this article.

I hope this helps further clarify the process!

0 Upvotes
Sdiddy407
Contributor

SOLVE

@roisinkirby is there a way to pull this image URL from a property in hubspot? We are using a proposal software that could token this and pull it in if possible.

0 Upvotes
cmlawson
Participant

SOLVE

Ah, Ok, that sheds some light on the matter. 

I was hoping putting my contacts in HP would pull social media URLs and then I could head over there a take a look. I figured the ones where you had the headshots would be my best bet but I didn't see any social media URLs so got to wondering. 

Sometimes I use TinyEye reverse image search but when I tried with your headshot image, I got nothing, which is unusual for that program. Now, I understand why. 

Thanks, @roisinkirby

Thanks. 

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Thanks for clarifying @roisinkirby 

What's really weird however is that for the contact I was referring to above, the photo that is in HubSpot is not used on their twitter bio. The only place I can find that it is used is LinkedIn. I'm using Google image search to check this. 

I don't doubt your info but it is weird all the same 🙂

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes