Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

PhilCA

External opt-out contact list

SOLVE

Hello,

Our customers are logging in to a separate portal for accessing all kinds of documents and also opting in or out of our newsletters. These same customers are also in our Hubspot database. I need to somehow change the status in Hubspot to "opt-out" (or "unsubscribe") for those customers that have opted out from our customer portal. I have that "opt-out" contact list in a .csv format. Does anybody know how to import that into Hubspot in a way that will change the status of these contacts to op-out?

Thank you,

- Phil

2 Accepted solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hey @PhilCA I think this might be what you are looking for: How to import an opt-out list into your account

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
PhilCA
Solution

SOLVE

Hey Tommy, it worked as intended. Contacts that were in my database as opted-in previously, turned opted-out as a result of the import of the opt-out file. Thank you for your help.

- Phil

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hey @PhilCA I think this might be what you are looking for: How to import an opt-out list into your account

0 Upvotes
PhilCA

SOLVE

Thanks Tommy! Do you know how Hubspot reconciles when you're importing an opt-out contact that's already in the Hubspot database as opt-in? Does it turn the existing contact into opt-out?

0 Upvotes
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

I'm not exactly sure - this might be something worth testing with one contact on your database. My educated guess is yes, but a test will prove that theory right/wrong! Let me know how it works on your end, I'll do the same. 

0 Upvotes
PhilCA
Solution

SOLVE

Hey Tommy, it worked as intended. Contacts that were in my database as opted-in previously, turned opted-out as a result of the import of the opt-out file. Thank you for your help.

- Phil

Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Same happened on my test! Happy to help 🙂

0 Upvotes