Lists, Lead Scoring & Workflows

tymagnin

What are best practices for re-engaging leads using HubSpot?

SOLVE

Leads come through our sales pipeline and sometimes fizzle out.

Some come back months or even years later, and we haven't figured out how to use HubSpot to track this and notify their sales reps effectively.

What is best practice while using HubSpot to do this? Ideas I'm considering:

• Reset the contact lifecycle to 'lead' or whatever will let us nurture them again (downside is that this affects our reporting)
  • Create a new sort of 'lifecycle status' around 're-engaged//unenegaed//etc' and workflows to ping sales (basically customizing a second pipeline for reengagement).

Have you any other ideas or experienece making this work?! Let me know if I could be more clear.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
cbsembler
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hello, 

When looking at Lead Nurturing and re-engaging leads, it can be extremely beneficial for your Marketing and Sales strategy and I am happy that are looking into effective ways to implement this. 

HubSpot looks at lead re-engagement as 'lead nurturing' and you can implement Lead Nurturing Workflows that are set around specific Goals that will correspond with activity, for example, to make sure leads that have come back can be re-engaged. 

I have included in this response two different ways to start thinking about and implementing lead nurturing. The first is a Project that you can run through to set-up a Lead Nurturing Workflow and the other is a decent amount of resources to help you look at different ways to accomplish this. 

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

All the best, 

Courtney Sembler 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @tymagnin this is a great question, and I'm delighted to see you got some great advice from one of HubSpot's very own Academy Professors. 

Speaking of which... we have just launched a new AMA (Ask Me Anything) thread here: I'm Angela, HubSpot Academy Professor. Ask Me Anything & get answers in a live broadcast!

@AngelaHicks is taking any and all questions from the Community on how to get the most out of HubSpot's marketing tools as well as queries on inbound marketing best practices. I hope you find this thread useful! 🙂

0 Upvotes
cbsembler
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

SOLVE

Hello, 

When looking at Lead Nurturing and re-engaging leads, it can be extremely beneficial for your Marketing and Sales strategy and I am happy that are looking into effective ways to implement this. 

HubSpot looks at lead re-engagement as 'lead nurturing' and you can implement Lead Nurturing Workflows that are set around specific Goals that will correspond with activity, for example, to make sure leads that have come back can be re-engaged. 

I have included in this response two different ways to start thinking about and implementing lead nurturing. The first is a Project that you can run through to set-up a Lead Nurturing Workflow and the other is a decent amount of resources to help you look at different ways to accomplish this. 

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

All the best, 

Courtney Sembler 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy
0 Upvotes