CRM

meganvisser
Participant

Locking Stages Out

SOLVE

Is it possible to make it so that once a deal has passed "Educate" stage it's not possible to mark it as "Qualified Out", only "Closes Lost"?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Locking Stages Out

SOLVE

Hi @meganvisser

Sadly not. Currently, there isn't any logic that you can apply to the availability of deal stages. 

I always recommend that companies find a way to document their CRM SOPs and train their people to follow them. This would be the only workaround I could offer you at the moment. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
AbbyHaran

Locking Stages Out

SOLVE

Hi Phil

Is this still the case? We are using an addon that is triggered by deal stage change (via api) so don't want people jumping back a deal stage then forwards again. I've had a look but can't see any way to make people either walk through the deal stage by stage or stop them going back a stage?

Thanks 

Abby

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

Locking Stages Out

SOLVE

Hi @AbbyHaran 

Still no change to this as far as I am aware. In your case, you could secure things by adding a mandatory property change as the deal moves between the stages in question, reducing the liklihood of errors. Or you could add additional criteria to the API that prevent it trigging on deal stage only. 

Hope this helps.

Phil_Vallender
Solution

Locking Stages Out

SOLVE

Hi @meganvisser

Sadly not. Currently, there isn't any logic that you can apply to the availability of deal stages. 

I always recommend that companies find a way to document their CRM SOPs and train their people to follow them. This would be the only workaround I could offer you at the moment. 

Hope this helps.