CRM

slasky

Import Company Property, Current Companies Don't Have Domains

SOLVE

I recently created a new company property and need to import the property value for many of our existing companies. However, HubSpot uses the domain name property to deduplicate imports and correctly associate imports with existing contacts and many (most) of our company records in Hubspot do not have unique domain names.

Is there a way I can use the company name or another field in place of domain name to get my import to properly associate with existing companies? All of our companies have a unique name, and we also assign each company a unique account number so I would like my import to update companies where those fields match the import.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @slasky

At this time HubSpot CRM only deduplictes companies based on domain name or website URL. Unfortunaltly, no other way is supported currently. If you had unique data in either of these fields, you could reimport with out creating duplicate records. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
ashley_milne
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@slasky

We have created a tool, Import Wizard, which will allow you to update existing Companies using any field (not just domain). This feature is currently in beta, but if you'd like to contact me directly with your file we can do the import for you the first time to ensure everything is correct. 

Feel free to reach out anytime! ashley@import2.com 

0 Upvotes
Zuzana
Participant

SOLVE
Spoiler
Hi @ashley_milne,

I am having the same problem. I am trying to import the contact properties on companies, but on my csv list I don´t have all the company domains...Could you please give me more info on your tool?

Thank you!
Zuzana
0 Upvotes
ashley_milne
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@Zuzana

Certainly - we can use any field to associate Contacts and Companies together, not just domain. Assuming you have the data you wish to use to link them (i.e. company name, ID, etc.) in your file, you can upload and import using the tool here: https://wizard.import2.com

If you need any help, feel free to reach out to me: ashley@import2.com 

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @slasky

At this time HubSpot CRM only deduplictes companies based on domain name or website URL. Unfortunaltly, no other way is supported currently. If you had unique data in either of these fields, you could reimport with out creating duplicate records. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes