CRM

sylvia84

How do I search for contacts waiting for a reply?

SOLVE

I'm looking for a way to view contacts /deals that are waiting for a reply in the conversation (the customer was the last one to send a mail).

My initial idea was to create a filter that filters for last contact date < last activity date since a customer email is an activity, but first of all, it doesn't seem to be possible to filter that way and second, an activity does not necessarily need to be a customer email so it'wont work whenever the activity is something else. 

Is this possible at all, or is this maybe possible in a paid version? 

1 Accepted solution
Nipun_Ansal
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @sylvia84.

Regarding your initial idea as a workaround, you can design a Workflow (available in Sales Pro subscription) and set a trigger stating Last Contact Date < Last Activity Date. It will allow you to look into all the contacts enrolled. With the new Workflow functionality, you can even run a test on these enrolled contacts.

Then you can have a Custom Property (even at back end would work) set to a particular value, and it'll help you apply filter to see the list of contacts that replied to your email.

Of course, it is a limitation on the part of HubSpot yet - as you won't be able to filter contacts by 'mode of contact', but since you have email integrated, bulk of your contacts are email replies only (others are meetings, and phone call logging is still not big in CRM).

Hope it helps.

- N

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
ChaosFreak
Contributor

SOLVE

NOT Solved!

Yet another example of HubSpot being unable to do something that is essential for every sales person. I need to see which contacts are waiting for a response from me. Hubspot is supposedly a CRM, why can't it do this?

Last Activity Date is not a good workaround because it gets updated whenever a customer receives a marketing email.

0 Upvotes
Nipun_Ansal
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @sylvia84.

Regarding your initial idea as a workaround, you can design a Workflow (available in Sales Pro subscription) and set a trigger stating Last Contact Date < Last Activity Date. It will allow you to look into all the contacts enrolled. With the new Workflow functionality, you can even run a test on these enrolled contacts.

Then you can have a Custom Property (even at back end would work) set to a particular value, and it'll help you apply filter to see the list of contacts that replied to your email.

Of course, it is a limitation on the part of HubSpot yet - as you won't be able to filter contacts by 'mode of contact', but since you have email integrated, bulk of your contacts are email replies only (others are meetings, and phone call logging is still not big in CRM).

Hope it helps.

- N

sylvia84

SOLVE

thank you, sounds interesting. We will look further into sales pro as that might actually help us a lot.

0 Upvotes
Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @sylvia84,

There are filters that can be used such as Recent sales email open date and recent sales email clicked date, which may get you a bit closer than last activity date, but it still doesn't accomplish exactly what you want to do. I'm not sure that that functionality exists as you described.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
sylvia84

SOLVE

thanks for your reply! It's not even a sales mail though, it's mails in general since we have mail integrated. 
Then we really need to figure out a workflow to not forget answering customers....we hoped hupspot could help with that ;).