CRM

TapNDine

Help Please

SOLVE

Hello Everyone,   I am a new user of hubspot. Can anybody tell me what is the difference between Creating a company and Creating a Contact  

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Help Please

SOLVE

Hi @TapNDine

Contacts and Companies are two of the three key objects in HubSpot - the third is deals.

The are functionally very simialr but have different default properties and behavious so that they can properly represent individual people (the contacts) and accounts (the companies). 

One of the major differences is that mutliple contacts can be assoicated with a single company, but you can't do this the other way around.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Phil_Vallender
Solution

Help Please

SOLVE

Hi @TapNDine

Contacts and Companies are two of the three key objects in HubSpot - the third is deals.

The are functionally very simialr but have different default properties and behavious so that they can properly represent individual people (the contacts) and accounts (the companies). 

One of the major differences is that mutliple contacts can be assoicated with a single company, but you can't do this the other way around.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
TapNDine

Help Please

SOLVE

Thank you very much for your help...I imported all my information into contacts....is there a way to move them from contacts into companies in one export/import through Hubspot.

Thanks in advance.

Richard

0 Upvotes