CRM

serthilal

Connecting Contacts and Companies fields

SOLVE

Hi guys. I have imported my contacts and their subject fields and then I automatically connecting them with companies. But, here is the problem: I cannot connect my contacts' subject fields with companies' subject fields. For instance when I uploaded my contacts they had a subject fields as subcategory and I wroted their categories there and I want to filter my companies according to that fields but I cannot. I can only filter them by contacts but not with companies. How can I connect them? Is there anyone who can help?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @serthilal

Unfortunatly, this isn't supported natively. Contacts and Companies are seperate objects that can be associated (manually or automatically) but other information is not copied between them. This is probably becuase both can be customised in any way the user wants, and that might not be the same across both objects. 

The only way to get contact data into companies and vice versa is to set up workflows, which are a Pro feature. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @serthilal

Unfortunatly, this isn't supported natively. Contacts and Companies are seperate objects that can be associated (manually or automatically) but other information is not copied between them. This is probably becuase both can be customised in any way the user wants, and that might not be the same across both objects. 

The only way to get contact data into companies and vice versa is to set up workflows, which are a Pro feature. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @Phil_Vallender@serthilal I highly reccommend voting / commenting / sharing this feature request: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Sync-property-values-between-Contact-Company-and-Deal...

I'll be reviewing with the Product team later this month.

0 Upvotes