Consejos, trucos y buenas prácticas

Monica_LL
Participante | Parceiro Diamante

Payroll calculation with HubSpot

resolver

Can I use HubSpot to mark the check ins and check outs of employees and the calculate how many hours they spend at work every other week or monthly using properties?

Anyone has done this?

1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @Monica_LL,

Interesting use case! One approach would be an integration that offers time tracking capabilities, such as HourStack or PSOhub. Their main applications seem to lie elsewhere but it could be worth exploring these and other apps.

If you want to build something custom using properties, I doubt this can be done, unfortunately. The main issue that I see here is that you'd have to find a way to store multiple values (the time stamps) within one property. This is currently not supported. Not being able to store this information in just one property, each time stamp would be its own property and you'd quickly arrive at the limit of 1,000 properties. Without custom development, I can't see a way to do this in HubSpot.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

3 Respostas 3
Lucila-Andimol
Autoridade no assunto | Parceiro Platinum
Autoridade no assunto | Parceiro Platinum

resolver

Hi @Monica_LL hope you are doing well.

We haven't done this yet, but its very interesting.

However I don't know if HubSpot is the perfect place to track this.

I agree with Karsten that you can use a 3rd party integration or a custom integration to do this.

I'd also recommend you to think about the big picture,

• how this integration 'd interact the other info in HubSpot?
  • Are those employees sales reps?
  • Are they working on Marketing or services?
  • Or it's just the main payroll of the company ?

This answer 'll help see if HubSpot is the right place for this information.

Hope this helps

María Lucila Abal | COO Andimol
HubSpot Expert, Community Champion & Certified Trainer (12+ years)

Have questions? Get answers:

Get Premium Support

Did my post help answer your question? Mark this as a solution.

0 Avaliação positiva
Monica_LL

resolver

My client use a really old Software, but it has a lot of features, and they want to see if HubSpot can replace this or just look for another software and then make the integration with HubSpot on the things that can be useful in HubSpot.

To answer your question, it's just the payroll

But they want 3 main things:

1. Bookings or appointments (This can be done in HubSpot with meetings)

2. Control staff hours and track them to calculate the payroll

3. Inventory 

I realized now that the last 2 are better in another software and integrate the inventory 

Thank you

karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @Monica_LL,

Interesting use case! One approach would be an integration that offers time tracking capabilities, such as HourStack or PSOhub. Their main applications seem to lie elsewhere but it could be worth exploring these and other apps.

If you want to build something custom using properties, I doubt this can be done, unfortunately. The main issue that I see here is that you'd have to find a way to store multiple values (the time stamps) within one property. This is currently not supported. Not being able to store this information in just one property, each time stamp would be its own property and you'd quickly arrive at the limit of 1,000 properties. Without custom development, I can't see a way to do this in HubSpot.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.