Community Developer Events

dennisedson
by: HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

The HubSpot Community Developer Show - Episode 1 - Accessibility with Jon Sasala of Morey Creative

Hey friends!

Our first podcast is in the books! Although I was nervous as heck, it was a blast getting to spend time with some people who really know their stuff when it comes to accessibility.
@JonSasala1  was the perfect complement in style to mine which apparently involves looking at the corner of my screen. Note to self, need to work on looking at or near the camera on occasion.
And if Jon wasn't enough, I had the honor of hearing both @TScales  and @jmclaren  of HubSpot really drive it home.

As promised here are the show notes!

The WebAIM Million Report

Statistics on accessibility web-wide.

HubSpot Developer Documentation on accessibility

This guide was written to be a good starting point for those starting to learn about accessibility.

Deque courses and axe tools

Popular accessibility testing tools and educational information.

HubSpot theme boilerplate GitHub repository

Start from a foundation that HubSpot and community members continue to iterate on improving accessibility, performance, and best practices. Feel something could be better? contribute!

HubL menu() function

Build your own menu HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.

Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)

The industry standards for digital accessibility.

Deque - Coding Accessible SVGs 

the comprehensive screen reader test mentioned by Tanya during the podcast - re: Stefan’s question

IAAP - International Association of Accessibility Professionals

Referenced during podcast for Tanya’s credentials - for more information on this org and certifications

Web A11y Slack workspace (not HubSpot)

The #accessibility channel in our HubSpot Developer Slack.

Have ideas, want to be part of the show?  Submit this form and we will check it out!

8 Comments