Commerce Tools

RHenderson2
Participant

SEO issue - products not found

Hi,

We currently embed our store (Ecwid) into a HubSpot hosted webpage. We are very happy with this layout. The issue is that the individual products are not crawled by google. We have submitted sitemaps in google search console.

Has anyone come across this issue and could help provide a solution?

store example

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
RHenderson2
Participant

Hi Pam,

Thank you again for your cotinued support.

I ran into a few issues. Ecwid does not allow adding custom meta tags into their head code. Other than title, description and image. They advised me to add this meta tag via the hosted webpage. I added this tag  <meta name="robots" content="index, follow"> to the head section of the HubSpot webpage.

Are the robots smart enough to follow the embedded javascript? This javascript displays the store.

Second, HubSpot only allows me to add HubSpot pages to the sitemap. The only option I have is to upload the Ecwid store_sitemap.xml to the hubfs folder. Which I did, and submitted it to GSC. It shows submitted and last viewed a few days ago. 

I will watch for a week or two and see if any of my products show up on google. This takes some time to show results, from what I have read.

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @RHenderson2, thank you for posting in our Community!

If an SEO crawler can't index a page, it will return a crawling error. This can happen with the crawlers in HubSpot's SEO and import tools, as well as external crawlers like Semrush. The steps for resolving a crawling error depend on the error and where the page is hosted. 

I want to share this page here with more information.

From what I am finding on my end, there have been a few recommendations for this in the past:

This article by Joshua Hardwick lays out recommended ways to get Google to index your site: 10 Ways to Get Google to Index Your Site (That Actually Work)

Try to resubmit your website for indexing in GSC - if you have further info from what you are seeing on the Google Search Console side.

This may help in addressing the specifics of this issue further, as I have limited resources from my end and cannot view your GSC.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
RHenderson2
Participant

Hi Pam,

Thank you for your response. This is great information!

The issue is not that the parent webpage isn't indexed. i.e.

This page is indexed. No errors on GSC. The issue is that the items within the product guide webpage are not being indexed. i.e.

If you have more information as to why or what is causing the items from not being crawled would be greatly appreciated.
thanks!
0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @RHenderson2, thank you for your reply.

Ensure that the meta tags (such as <meta name="robots" content="index, follow">) are correctly set on the product guide page. This helps search engines understand that the content should be indexed. Also, please verify that the items within the product guide are included in your XML sitemap. If not, add them to the sitemap and submit it to Google Search Console.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes