Commerce Tools

AnnaEriksson
Participant

Payment links from HubDB products

SOLVE

Hi,

I have recently learned about Payment links and I am exploring our options. Does anybody have experience of products hosted in the HubDB rather than under Products? How would one create Payment Links, in that case?

Thankful for any insights.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@AnnaEriksson if you already have your products in HubDB and want to associate a payment link with those products specifically, you could add a column to the table for payment link, which you would need to generate individually for your products.

Another option would be to create a column that groups your products, then have a separate hubDB table for payment links where you associate those groups to a link.

Realistically though...if you have the opportunity to migrate your products from HubDB to Products, you'll have a lot more flexibility for how you manage products natively.

My assumption is you were using HubDB before Products as a tool was available, if that's the case, it would help to know how interconnected everything is with HubDB before pursuing a data migration.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
AnnaEriksson
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for your comprehensive reply, you are correct we started utilizing the HubDB before the Product object was available.

Jnix284

SOLVE

you're welcome @AnnaEriksson, I hope it was helpful!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @AnnaEriksson thank you for posting in our Community!

I would recommend starting by structuring your product information within HubDB. This involves creating tables or databases where you can store product details such as name, price, description, and any other relevant information.

To our top experts, @Jigar_Thakker, @Jnix284 any recommendations for @AnnaEriksson matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

@AnnaEriksson if you already have your products in HubDB and want to associate a payment link with those products specifically, you could add a column to the table for payment link, which you would need to generate individually for your products.

Another option would be to create a column that groups your products, then have a separate hubDB table for payment links where you associate those groups to a link.

Realistically though...if you have the opportunity to migrate your products from HubDB to Products, you'll have a lot more flexibility for how you manage products natively.

My assumption is you were using HubDB before Products as a tool was available, if that's the case, it would help to know how interconnected everything is with HubDB before pursuing a data migration.