Commerce Tools

OHassini
Participant

Large + Complex Volume Based Pricing Product Catalogue | Quoting

SOLVE

Hi all,

Wondering if anybody has encountered the following issue / knows of a good solution?

For context we are in the manufacturing / packaging space and one product may have multiple variant options to choose from (size, material type, glossy vs matte finish and quantity). 

We have our product catalogue in Shopify (50 products with approx 2,400 variants). We use a 3rd party Shopify app to get around the Shopify variant limits.

We operate on volume-based pricing where we charge the same price for each unit based on the total number of units sold. For example, we might charge £1 per unit for 50 units and £0.70 per unit for 100 units.

I am looking to enable our reps to complete quoting + generating draft order links directly within Hubspot. So far I have identified the Unific integration as a potential to handle draft order creation in HS.

With regards to quoting, does anybody have any suggestions/ideas for how to pull our complex product library into quotes in HS? Two potential solutions I have looked into was:

1. Create / sync Shopify product catalogue in Stripe product library and use Saas hapily integration to pull products from Stripe into HS quotes (Zaybra) - advantage of this is we can keep the HS quote UI and clients can pay directly on the quote itself.

2. Use Mobileforce CPQ to allow reps to create quotes in HS. Downside is rep would need to then create a checkoutlink / draft order manually after quote is approved / accepted by client.

We've been slightly pulling our hair as a team to figure out the smoothest / simplest workflow. Interested to hear from others how they have handled complex product catalogues and variants from Shopify and mirroring this in the offline sales process w Hubspot at the core.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
HubDoPete
Solution
Guide | Gold Partner
Guide | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi Ollie,

I agree with @danmoyle that I'd prefer option 1, keeping it all in HubSpot including the payment link. But using HubSpot's Product Library can be limiting and cause downstream problems with inventory like yours, due to the flat structure and simple property controls in HubSpot's Product Library.

To enable a HubSpot user to select valid choices on each product and calculate the right price as your Shopify store is set up to do, including quantity breaks, you likely need a rules-based CPQ engine.

For rules-based quoting that only displays the valid selections for each product, look at GleanQuote too. The GleanQuote rules engine is very sophisticated. For example, I had to configure quoting for a building company, allowing for over 40 house plans, and then catering to all the finishes (Carpets, Tapware, Benchtops) and choices available (some house have ensuites, some can convert the extra toilet space to allow a bathtub in bathroom 2). So it rarely gets more complex than that. GleanQuote was the only integration that could handle it. 

Once GleanQuote generates a quote based on your rules, the result can be synched back into HubSpot where the sales rep sends it as a HubSpot Quote with Payment link.

I hope that helps!

best

Pete

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
boydwason
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @OHassini,

Without considerable CRM integration work, Shopify is limited in its ability to support sales with this process.

At this point, Commerce Hub doesn't include what you would traditionally call eCommerce functionality, shopping cart, discount codes, etc. Until recently, customers needing eCommerce stores and shopping functionality have had to set up separate platforms and integrate these platforms back into HubSpot. There is obvious pain with these integrations, which you may have experienced, particularly for B2B customers where eCommerce is part of the sales process, rather than as it is in B2C an additional model or function.

If you're looking for a solution that arguments Commerce Hub and provides eCommerce natively in HubSpot I recommend CommercePro.co. CommercePro is a fully featured eCommerce solution that deploys natively on HubSpot. This means customers no longer need third-party eCommerce platforms for commerce on HubSpot.

If you want to discuss the details of how we'd solve you challenge using CommercePro I'd be happy to walk you through a demo.

0 Upvotes
HubDoPete
Solution
Guide | Gold Partner
Guide | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi Ollie,

I agree with @danmoyle that I'd prefer option 1, keeping it all in HubSpot including the payment link. But using HubSpot's Product Library can be limiting and cause downstream problems with inventory like yours, due to the flat structure and simple property controls in HubSpot's Product Library.

To enable a HubSpot user to select valid choices on each product and calculate the right price as your Shopify store is set up to do, including quantity breaks, you likely need a rules-based CPQ engine.

For rules-based quoting that only displays the valid selections for each product, look at GleanQuote too. The GleanQuote rules engine is very sophisticated. For example, I had to configure quoting for a building company, allowing for over 40 house plans, and then catering to all the finishes (Carpets, Tapware, Benchtops) and choices available (some house have ensuites, some can convert the extra toilet space to allow a bathtub in bathroom 2). So it rarely gets more complex than that. GleanQuote was the only integration that could handle it. 

Once GleanQuote generates a quote based on your rules, the result can be synched back into HubSpot where the sales rep sends it as a HubSpot Quote with Payment link.

I hope that helps!

best

Pete

OHassini
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Pete!

0 Upvotes
danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey there @OHassini. Appreciate the tag @BérangèreL

I haven't had personal experience with this specific type of set up, but I'm fmailiar with the Hapily apps. I think those are path I'd explore. @MaxCohen would be a good person to connect with to ask all the questions on those integrations for sure. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
0 Upvotes
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @OHassini,

Great question, thanks for asking the Community!

First, I'd like to share these resources that might be of interest:

- Orders API: You can use the orders API to create and manage data related to ecommerce purchases in HubSpot. This can be especially useful for keeping HubSpot data synced with external ecommerce platforms, such as Shopify and NetSuite.

- Customize the middle column of records

I'd be happy to put you in touch with some of our Top Experts: Hi @HubDoPete, @danmoyle and @louischausse do you have suggestions to help @OHassini, please?

Thanks a lot and have a lovely day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Upvotes