Calling

JBaligod

Calling Setup (OpenPhone)

Hi,

We currently have a Hubspot starter & OpenPhone business subscriptions. The integrations were done properly & setup 3 standard (same permissions in hubspot & openphone) users with OpenPhone numbers. One of the 3 users is not able to make calls or more precisely when clicking the share button on the left panel of the contact details, it fails to launch the application (openphone) to be able to call. We've deleted & re-setup the users in hubspot & openphone but still the problem persists. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JBaligod,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I understand that you are using the OpenPhone integration and some users in HubSpot cannot make calls.

I'd like to ask clarifying questions to help you the best we can:

1. Can the user who cannot make call try with a different browser?
2. How are they trying to make call? Via the browser from the HubSpot contact record? Via the phone?
3. Is there an error message when trying to make the call? If yes, which one is it? Or is the button greyed out?
4. Is this user not able to make a call only for one contact or for all contacts?

The more info, screenshots (without sensitive/confidential information), and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist.

I'd like to share some resources that might help you:

- Calling | Frequently Asked Questions
- I am getting an error when trying to make calls
- Call function not working

I also wanted to invite a couple of subject matter experts to this conversation: Hi @Bryantworks, @louischausse and @HFisher7 do you have suggestions to help @JBaligod, please?

Also, if anybody else has anything to add and/or share, please feel free to join in the conversation 🙂

Thank you so much and have a wonderful day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Upvotes
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JBaligod,

Thank you for the information and your patience!

Since this integration has been developed by a third-party, the best course of action would be to contact OpenPhone because after reviewing their documentation I am not sure of the expected behavior.

Here is their email address: "hello@openphone.com".

They will be able to help you further. Since this integration has not been developed by HubSpot, I am not familiar with the parameters and the way it works.

Thank you and I hope that you'll get help from OpenPhone!

Have a great weekend!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Upvotes
JBaligod

Hi  @BérangèreL,

Thank you for your reply. As to your questions, here are the answers to them: 

1) I've asked the user to try using MS Edge and Firefox (currently using Chrome).
2) He's calling using Chrome via the hubspot contact record.
3) The call button is not grayed out. When clicking the share button beside the edit button on the phone number record, this appears on the bottom left of the screen: "tel: +1______________"  whereas it should launch OpenPhone.
4) The user cannot make calls in all contact records.

Your response and continued assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Joel
0 Upvotes