CRM

JStenbaek
Contributor

workflow triggered when property value from a specific value to another value

SOLVE

Hi all,

I would like to start a workflow when a property change from "value A" to "value B"

Is this possible?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JStenbaek,

There isn't an out of the box feature for this but with a custom property and an additional workflow, you can easily set up a workaround.

The idea here is that you always copy the value from the original property (1) into another property (2). By default, copying this value would take a few seconds. However, if we use a delay, there is always a window when the assisting property (2) still has the old value. You can then simply reference the discrepancy between old/new in your actual workflow.

See an example below. The second workflow would trigger if the original property (1) was changed from A to B.

karstenkoehler_0-1641815902703.png

karstenkoehler_1-1641815912488.png

Let me know if you have any questions on this!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JStenbaek,

There isn't an out of the box feature for this but with a custom property and an additional workflow, you can easily set up a workaround.

The idea here is that you always copy the value from the original property (1) into another property (2). By default, copying this value would take a few seconds. However, if we use a delay, there is always a window when the assisting property (2) still has the old value. You can then simply reference the discrepancy between old/new in your actual workflow.

See an example below. The second workflow would trigger if the original property (1) was changed from A to B.

karstenkoehler_0-1641815902703.png

karstenkoehler_1-1641815912488.png

Let me know if you have any questions on this!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.