CRM

Alex_Hawker

won lost button

SOLVE

i can not understand why there is no ability in HS to mark a deal as won or lost. As i understand it right now we have to create a sales stage called won a stage called losta nd a stage caleld qualified out. this is patently absurd as these things are not sales stages but something which can happen to a deal in any sales stage. I woiuld like to see the ability to mark a deal as won or lost or qaulified out as per every other SFA sytem ont he market.

1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

won lost button

SOLVE

Q: Why is there no ability in HS to mark a deal as won or lost?

Short A: There is @Alex_Hawker. HubSpot includes both a 'Closed won' AND a 'Closed lost' deal stage in it's default sales pipeline. If these stages are missing from your pipeline it's only because they've been manually removed by someone in your organization.

Longer A

By default, HubSpot includes a sales pipeline with seven deal stages:

• Appointment scheduled (20%)
  • Qualified to buy (40%)
  • Presentation scheduled (60%)
  • Decision maker bought-in (80%)
  • Contract sent (90%)
  • Closed won (100% Won)
  • Closed lost (0% Lost)

- see How to set up your deal pipelines and deal stages

You may  also create custom deal stages. (optional) (see images)

hubspot-deals-closed-won-closed-lost.png

Since you may  also create custom deal stages, it's best practice to include 'Closed won' and 'Closed lost' deal stages since many sales teams use these deal stages to trigger other behavior. (optional)

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
MWalsh7
Participant

won lost button

SOLVE

@TrapperMarkelz - I've done the same, have created an additional pipeline labeled "To Market" and move won deals into this pipline. A little green won icon would be nice though - Pipedrive have this feature and fireworks on screen are amazing too. 

MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

won lost button

SOLVE

Q: Why is there no ability in HS to mark a deal as won or lost?

Short A: There is @Alex_Hawker. HubSpot includes both a 'Closed won' AND a 'Closed lost' deal stage in it's default sales pipeline. If these stages are missing from your pipeline it's only because they've been manually removed by someone in your organization.

Longer A

By default, HubSpot includes a sales pipeline with seven deal stages:

• Appointment scheduled (20%)
  • Qualified to buy (40%)
  • Presentation scheduled (60%)
  • Decision maker bought-in (80%)
  • Contract sent (90%)
  • Closed won (100% Won)
  • Closed lost (0% Lost)

- see How to set up your deal pipelines and deal stages

You may  also create custom deal stages. (optional) (see images)

hubspot-deals-closed-won-closed-lost.png

Since you may  also create custom deal stages, it's best practice to include 'Closed won' and 'Closed lost' deal stages since many sales teams use these deal stages to trigger other behavior. (optional)

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
JonathanMorris
Participant

won lost button

SOLVE

I appreciate the concept @MFrankJohnson .  I have a use case where I want to have post-sale deal stages: Deploy, Iterate, Review, Churn Risk, Churned.

I either have to:

1) Duplicate the deal to a new pipeline to track this (losing all notes, and biforcating my information, etc.) (and also, duplicating a deal in HubSpot is a fully manual process)
2) Lose all my measurement and statistics for reporting if I just move the deal to a post-sale pipeline.   A status of "closed-won" outside of the pipeline status would achive this well.   

I agree that this is a pretty standard concept amongst CRMs out there, and it is causing very significant pain for my company to not have it.   

TrapperMarkelz
Participant

won lost button

SOLVE

I also have this use case. After a deal is won, it goes into a whole onboarding process as part of a land and expand trial to buy up. Once the deal is "won" that is just the start of another whole pipeline. How do others accommodate this? 

Topcone

won lost button

SOLVE

Does anyone know how to get won-by/lost-by details  and value period using API

I am not able to get won by/lost by details  and value period. Does hubspot send these value via API?

Can anyone help?

0 Upvotes
Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

won lost button

SOLVE

Hi @Alex_Hawker,

I see where you're coming from, but I would argue that once something is won or lost it would no longer be part of that same deal stage as you mentioned. For example, if I had a deal and it was in a stage labled "Quote Sent" and then I receive notification that it's a no go, it would no longer have the status of quote sent, because I've got an answer of lost, therefore I would move it to closed lost and in the closed lost reason I could say, "Lost after quote sent due to price."

Just my opinion.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer