CRM

jwnesbitt
Contributor

update contact details

SOLVE

hi, is it possible to also show the existing details that we hold for a client when asking them to update their details via a form.

example case:

We are a wedding photography company and already have details on file (dates, names, venues etc) but sometimes stuff changes, so a month before the wedding, we send an email out asking client to confirm details, but we populate this with the existing details including balance remaining, obviously, i don't want to send an empty form out, it makes us look incompetent at best, or we just never bothered to update their details when we took the booking, so ideally, the form has the existing data with option to update each field.  I tried embedding account date in a form, but that does not work

Jody

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

update contact details

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Thanks @jwnesbitt,

You'll want to use query strings in your emails to pre-populate the form with values from HubSpot.
- see Auto-populate form fields with a query string

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

update contact details

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Thanks @jwnesbitt,

You'll want to use query strings in your emails to pre-populate the form with values from HubSpot.
- see Auto-populate form fields with a query string

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
jwnesbitt
Contributor

update contact details

SOLVE

Thanks Frank, Doesn't work for me

can you see anything wrong with this URL string?

https://share.hsforms.com/10OQ5Z5rfQ0G5UnS-jryxaw3u3u5?email={{contact.email}}&date_of_event={{conta...}}

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

update contact details

SOLVE

Those personalization tokens work within HubSpot EMAILS. And, there are very specific criteria for their use.
- see image excerpt from original reference

HubSpot Query Strings With Personalization TokensHubSpot Query Strings With Personalization Tokens

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
jwnesbitt
Contributor

update contact details

SOLVE

i am using it from an HS email and also with HS form, its probably the account type thats stopping it working

0 Upvotes