unambiguous enumeration - translation please.

Regular Contributor

Hi there,

I am trying to bulk change deals from "closed won" to "contract signed" and am unable to but do not understand this error message.

Can someone translate please?

Can't process 'Contract Signed' into an unambiguous enumeration option (from column 'dealstage')

thanks

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Regular Contributor

@BLA 

Hello! Hope all is well. That error usually means there is a problem matching one property to another. How are you trying to make the change? Is it via import or within HubSpot itself? 

Also, seeing the issue occurring helps as well. If you have a screen shot of it, I can better assist you. 

First things first, if it is an import, I would make sure that you have Deal IDs correctly associated then verify that there are no typos in your data. Also, make sure the deal stages exist for the pipeline you are updating within.

Best regard,

Fred

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Hi Fred!

Thanks for replying.

• bulk change via import
  • Contract signed is a new stage created today
  • Deal ID is ok - other fields such as signed and start dates were updated in another upload without the deal stage

Below is the error file

HSERROR.PNG

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

@BLA 

Is your pipeline assigned correctly as well?

Thank you,

Fred

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

@farnold_lac Not sure what that means?

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

@BLA 

sorry for the delay! Work has been crazy. I usually have Pipeline as a header in my deal imports to designate what Pipeline the specific deal stage is in. That might help.

Also, I had an idea. Did you think about doing a bulk action within HubSpot to move the Deal Stages instead of importing? 

Go to your deals, filter your data specific to what you are looking for. For instance, if all deals with a close date = X is true, filter only these deals. Then select the checkbox to select all deals, click edit and select "Deal Stage" as the property to edit. 

That should do it for you without having to import from a spreadsheet.

hubspot-example.PNG

0 Upvotes