CRM

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

tracking who left note and vs who it is for

SOLVE

I use the Free CRM. I have always been a team of 1 up until now.

It is great to have the ability to leave a note for each other using "@". The notifications are great too BUT later on when going into the CRM and activity feed how can one tell who left the activity and when? 

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @gelflex-cc 

Although it probably doesn't change the end result, I'm still confused as to where you are looking for this information. 

In the activity feed (under Contacts > Activity Feed) I see neither notes or tasks. 

Tasks appear in the task list (under Sales > Tasks) and you can't see who created them there - but I don't see notes there either. 

Both tasks and notes appear in the contact timeline - here we can see who left any note, but we do not see who created the tasks. 

I'm thinking that the best solution currently to the issue of knowing who created a task is to implement a standard of @ mentioning yourself in any task you create - not ideal but the best I can think of at the moment. 

Is this any help?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @gelflex-cc 

I'm glad you found a solution, sort of. 

For future reference, the area in the middle of the contact/company screen is generally reffered to as the timeline. 

Cheers, Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @gelflex-cc 

Had a look at the activity feed and notes don't seem to appear there. Whereas in the timeline, each note has a record of the person who left it and the date/time. 

Which area were you looking at?

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @Phil_Vallender 

Thanks for responding. It would be in the activity feed. Some notes and some tasks.

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @gelflex-cc 

Although it probably doesn't change the end result, I'm still confused as to where you are looking for this information. 

In the activity feed (under Contacts > Activity Feed) I see neither notes or tasks. 

Tasks appear in the task list (under Sales > Tasks) and you can't see who created them there - but I don't see notes there either. 

Both tasks and notes appear in the contact timeline - here we can see who left any note, but we do not see who created the tasks. 

I'm thinking that the best solution currently to the issue of knowing who created a task is to implement a standard of @ mentioning yourself in any task you create - not ideal but the best I can think of at the moment. 

Is this any help?

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@Phil_Vallender 

I understand your point.  We use the middle section of the contact/company record. There we see Activity, Notes, Emails, Calls, and Tasks.

If I leave a note,  you see I left it and there may be a tag (@).

If I set up a task, it shows up as whomever it is assigned to.

I just found what I was looking for, although it is cumbersome. If I go into the task details there it shows who created.

Thanks for your help.

Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @gelflex-cc 

I'm glad you found a solution, sort of. 

For future reference, the area in the middle of the contact/company screen is generally reffered to as the timeline. 

Cheers, Phil.

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@Phil_Vallender  Thanks.

0 Upvotes