CRM

Jenny26
トップ投稿者

track upsales for commissions

解決

Our company sales software. We have several add-ons available for purchase as well. When our Client Relations Managers and Onboarding staff tell a current client about an add-on and the client purchases it, a commission is given to them.

How can we track these upsales so that we track when our staff have suggested add-ons that have been purchased by current clients?

2件の承認済みベストアンサー
jolle
解決策
名誉エキスパート | Solutions Partner

解決

Hey @Jenny26, thanks for reaching out! This is a great question!

I have two thoughts on how you can track this, so hopefully it's enough to at least get you started!

1. Use HubSpot line items

If you happen to be using the HubSpot Quote tool, you can use line items for those add-ons. You can then use the custom report builder to create the needed reports that pull in line item data.

2. Use a custom multi-select deal property

Alternatively, you could simply use a custom multi-select deal property called "Add-On" or something like that. This property would contain a value for each possible add-on. Any add-ons that were purchased would be designated within that property, so then you could easily pull it into a deal report from there.

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

元の投稿で解決策を見る

danmoyle
解決策
最優秀メンバー | Elite Partner
最優秀メンバー | Elite Partner

解決

@Jenny26 in addition to @jolle's ideas, I think it's also a matter of process here. Do your team members create Deals when they suggest the upsells? That, plus the Quotes tools as Jacob mentioned, could help track owners of those Deals in an "Upsell" pipeline (that's something we have). 

Or if they're using notes in HubSpot, adding a note so it's in the Contact record would be a minimum step. This way it's getting captured at least somewhere. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

元の投稿で解決策を見る

7件の返信
danmoyle
解決策
最優秀メンバー | Elite Partner
最優秀メンバー | Elite Partner

解決

@Jenny26 in addition to @jolle's ideas, I think it's also a matter of process here. Do your team members create Deals when they suggest the upsells? That, plus the Quotes tools as Jacob mentioned, could help track owners of those Deals in an "Upsell" pipeline (that's something we have). 

Or if they're using notes in HubSpot, adding a note so it's in the Contact record would be a minimum step. This way it's getting captured at least somewhere. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
Jenny26
トップ投稿者

解決

Thank you! No, we don't create a deal for the add-ons since it's a current customer.  Adding is good idea and at least it would be recorded somewhere - maybe we could use #Add-on to easily find those. The downside is that I can't pull report on the notes - is that correct? We do have properties for the add-ons, though - maybe I could add another one with the referring rep's name?

SalesGeekRob
参加者

解決

One of the things we do Jenny, is have a custom deal property called Sales Development Rep, we use this almost as a secondary owner. If there was an SDR/CSM that was involved in the deal, we'll add them to that deal and they will then get appropriate credit in our commission system, according to their plan. 

danmoyle
最優秀メンバー | Elite Partner
最優秀メンバー | Elite Partner

解決

@Jenny26 adding the referring rep could be a pretty easy custom property, for sure. 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
jolle
解決策

解決

Hey @Jenny26, thanks for reaching out! This is a great question!

I have two thoughts on how you can track this, so hopefully it's enough to at least get you started!

1. Use HubSpot line items

If you happen to be using the HubSpot Quote tool, you can use line items for those add-ons. You can then use the custom report builder to create the needed reports that pull in line item data.

2. Use a custom multi-select deal property

Alternatively, you could simply use a custom multi-select deal property called "Add-On" or something like that. This property would contain a value for each possible add-on. Any add-ons that were purchased would be designated within that property, so then you could easily pull it into a deal report from there.

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Jenny26
トップ投稿者

解決

Thank you so much! We're just now looking at using quotes and line items. I'll check those out!

jolle

解決

Not a problem! Hope you're able to get closer to your ideal state!!

Jacob Olle