CRM

Susanne12
Contributeur

template or clone of custom object

Hi,

we link custom objects to contacts. A contact can have of be linked to multiple of these custom objects. Our users asked, if it was possible to have some kind of template or clone of this custom object with pre-filled data in certain fields so that they do not have to insert all of the data each time they have to create / link a new one of these custom objects. Is there any way to do so and define which fields are pre-filled? They would like to "start" from the contact and create the new template / custom object there. Workflows aren't an option as, depending on for which contact they link / create the custom object, the date on which it is created as well as the data in the different sections vary.

Thank you!

4 Réponses
sherrychen
Participant

Hi @Susanne12 ,

If you consider third party tool, you may checkout this tool in marketplace, it support clone objects/properties similar to excel spreadhseet bulk apply. Not sure whether it supports custom object, you may ask their team if interested.

Best

SC

0 Votes
Susanne12
Contributeur

Hi @sherrychen 

thank you for your reply, I do not think that this is the solution to our issue though. We are looking for some sort of template we can use when creating a new custom object linked to an existing contact, using some of the information that has already been used in a previous custom object already linked to that contact. The tool you mentioned looks like a tool to import data from a spreadsheet. I do not want my users to be able to import data from spreadsheets into the system (question of maybe damaging existing data as not everyone is eligible to act as an admin user 😁 )

Best regards

Susanne

0 Votes
sherrychen
Participant

Hi @Susanne12 , 

Your concern totally makes sense 😀. It is not import data tool, I don't think it allows import from spreadsheet.  We use it to update hubspot data across properties, without having to go into deal, contact, or company record individually, all the validation is preserved. For example, we need to add deal items for some deals, many properties are repeatitive, we then clone one or multiple existing deals and change associated contacts/companies. I felt it is similar use case as the custom object you mentioned, but not sure whether they support customer object, you may check with them.

Best

SC

0 Votes
PamCotton
Gestionnaire de communauté
Gestionnaire de communauté

Hello, @Susanne12 happy Friday! Thank you for posting here!

I want to invite our top experts to this conversation @ChrisChiha @StjepanGrcic @Bryantworks any recommendations to @Susanne12 matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !