CRM

Noah_Roh

something went wrong... You cannot access this app because it has been misconfigured.

Hi,

We are having issues accessing the HubSpot Sales App on our Office 365.

We go from our Microsoft Office 365 and click on HubSpot Sales App:O365 HS app.PNG 

Then we reach this page:

Error message.PNG

something went wrong...

You cannot access this app because it has been misconfigured. Contact your IT department and include the following information:

Undefined Sign-on URL for app "HubSpot Sales"

Same problem for all users using both Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

We currently are using the free HubSpot.

The link address of the App within Office 365 is:

https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/applications/signin/HubSpot%20Sales/450987b3-a09a-4...

The error page address is:

https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/applications/redirecttoapplication.aspx?Operation=L...

We have already contacted our IT, however were advised to contact HubSpot.

Please help!

kind regards,

Noah

0 Upvotes
15 Replies 15
dave-kimble
Participant

something went wrong... You cannot access this app because it has been misconfigured.

Four years later this is still an issue and no solution?

0 Upvotes
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

I don't like when I am directed to a thread that doesn't actually have a resolution. Why is this so complicated for some and impossible for others. "blame microsoft" isnt acceptable. 

- my 2 cents. 

0 Upvotes
KKeyser
Contributor

KKeyser
Contributor

Same issue here.
What, if anything, is the work-around?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @KKeyser 

I've replied to you in the other thread

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

teachertee

I am having the exact same issue and it's very frustrating, can someone please clarify if this is something that works or not? Before I spend my entire day trying to figure this out... Thanks in advance 🙂

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Noah_Roh 

I see that you are having issues with connecting the HubSpot Sales add-in. It seems that the error is related to your system's configuration/set-up that is not allowing the HubSpot Sales add-in to run. The next best step to resolve this error will be to partner with your IT team to make some tweaks to your system to allow the add-in to run.

For a start, here are some initial troubleshooting steps you can take:

General issues to check

• Make sure you are using a browser that meets the minimum requirements for the Access Panel.
  • Make sure the user’s browser has added the URL of the application to its trusted sites.
  • Make sure to check the application is configured correctly.
  • Make sure the user’s account is enabled for sign-ins.
  • Make sure the user’s account is not locked out.
  • Make sure the user’s password is not expired or forgotten.
  • Make sure Multi-Factor Authentication is not blocking user access.
  • Make sure a Conditional Access policy or Identity Protection policy is not blocking user access.
  • Make sure that a user’s authentication contact info is up to date to allow Multi-Factor Authentication or Conditional Access policies to be enforced.
  • Make sure to also try clearing your browser’s cookies and trying to sign in again.

I did some research and below are some resources that are related to this error, which might help your IT team in troubleshooting this:

I hope this helps

Sharon

0 Upvotes
Noah_Roh

Hi @sharonlicari 

Thank you so much for your reply. I had forwarded this to our IT to take a look at. They confirmed that all points you raised are clear.

The Hubspot App is visible, however when adding the admin account in Microsoft 365, we need to know which Azure Permissions need to be granted for admin consent.

I have attached the screenshot of pages I am referring to below.

We are still unable to intergrate Hubspot to our Microsoft Office 365 which is stopping us from progressing with our sales leads as efficiently as we would like. Your help and assistance will be much appreciated. Please advise on next steps we need to take to make it work.

kind regards,

Noah

Hub Spot Screenshot 2.PNGHuhb spot screenshot1.PNG

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Noah_Roh 

Thank you for the information provided. 

Are you attempting to install the add-in via the O365 web client? Do you already have it installed and you are running into this error when attempting to use it? Is there any other information on the screen when that error appears or is it just that?

Additionally, if you can get a HAR file/console log of the page from when this behavior occurs, that would be great!

Finally, what version of office/what version of IE and what type of computer you are working on?

Thanks

Sharon

Noah_Roh

Hi @sharonlicari 

Thank you for your reply.

Are you attempting to install the add-in via the O365 web client?

Yes

Do you already have it installed and you are running into this error when attempting to use it?

Yes

Is there any other information on the screen when that error appears or is it just that? Just that

Additionally, if you can get a HAR file/console log of the page from when this behavior occurs, that would be great!

I have the HAR file, not sure how I can attach the file here

Finally, what version of office/what version of IE and what type of computer you are working on?

Lenovo M710q Desktop (ThinkCentre) - Type 10MR
8 GB RAM

Chrome - Version 83.0.4103.116 Chrome

IE - latest Release

Our IT has checked al lthe system capabilities. My understanding is that we are stuck on admin consent and permissions. Please advise next steps required.

kind regards,

Noah

0 Upvotes
Noah_Roh

Hi @sharonlicari 

Please also advise if the HubSpot App in Microsoft 365

Hubspot O365 screenshot.PNG

Requires SSO, which is only available from Enterprise level.

kind regards,

Noah

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Noah_Roh 

I'll send you a private message

Thanks

Sharon

SebastianMarinR

Hello,

I have the same issue, why do you talk in privat messeges 😞 I'm trying to find a solution Smiley Sad

0 Upvotes
Noah_Roh

Hi @SebastianMarinR 

Sharon asked for private message as it contained some sensitive information and I could not upload the file on this thread.

After lengthy enquiry with our own IT and Hubspot it looks like the Husbpot Sales App in O365 just isn't meant to work in the first place. The only method, as far as I am aware, is the add-in:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/connected-email/how-to-install-hubspot-sales

I am making sure that this method works for everyone in the team. 

Noah

teachertee

H Noah, did you ever manage to work this out? Having the same issue over here! Thanks

0 Upvotes