segmenting contacts into sectors

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

In the crm , I would like to assign a contact to a industry sector.

for instance residential or trade etc, useful for future campaigns etc. I know hubspot refer more to customer lifecycle rather than sector for campaigns.

so my question how do is set up sectors for campaigns and analysis.

lastly I seen on a hubspot training video that a contacts information on left side tool bar can be adjusted to any preferred position. For instance telephone or email could be dragged to top for contact profile. This dows not work for me- I am on the free version considering the sales paid version, is this only available on the paid platform?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Highlighted
New Contributor

We did all of our segmentation through workflows and smart lists - the smart lists allow us to select which segment to market too

Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @Philpatmatt, welcome to the Community and thanks for the question!

@fcbco is absolutely right here, if you are using the Marketing tools you can use Workflows and Smart Lists to organise and segement contacts based on their shared contact properties.

These tools aren't available with the free and paid Sales products, however there is an alternative!

You can use custom views in the Contacts and Companies tools to organise, segement and save cohorts of contacts. Full details on how to do this can be found here: Creating custom views in the CRM for prospecting

0 Upvotes