CRM

olson
Participant

search contacts by street address

SOLVE

In contact search, I have noticed that the search bar won't return matches to street address.

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

I'm running a door-to-door campaign so the ability to quickly search by street address will be key. Any suggestions to enabling this or is this a hubspot limitation?

My other option is the create "companies" for each street address but that would be cumbursome...   Hoping someone has an insight!

1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @olson,

There is not a workaround for the system to search by street address unless you are on Enterprise. In that case you could create a custom single-line text and select "add to search". You could create a workflow to copy the street address into that searchable field.

Here are the search details within a HubSpot account.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
SdeVries

SOLVE

I wish I had not gone through all the work of uploading the customer info.... since the first action I am trying to use HubSpot for it failed at. Waste of a day if this is not fixed for us.

0 Upvotes
sasteffl
Participant

SOLVE

I want to start off by saying, I love Hubspot. The features and capabilities of this FREE tool are unbelievable. However, the fact you can't even search for people by their physical address, which is Hubspot's OWN FIELD, is a ridiculous oversight. We're a service based company where customers have multiple sites we must visit. When they call in, wouldn't it be nice to lookup their site by the PHYSICAL ADDRESS?

I am honestly blown away at this lack of functionality in an otherwise incredibly powerful CRM. What gives Hubspot?

GenesisStamford
Contributor

SOLVE

First, this thread is marked Solved but its far from being solved. Second, they are trying to force us to move to the Enterprise solution which is ridiculously priced for a small business.  Finally, Hubspot's responsiveness to this request if severly lacking - "You can't do that". Wow

sasteffl
Participant

SOLVE

Good observation. I started a new thread so it's not marked as solved.

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/CRM-Search-by-Street-Address-Doesn-t-Work/m-p/322779

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @olson,

There is not a workaround for the system to search by street address unless you are on Enterprise. In that case you could create a custom single-line text and select "add to search". You could create a workflow to copy the street address into that searchable field.

Here are the search details within a HubSpot account.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

olson
Participant

SOLVE

0 Upvotes
olson
Participant

SOLVE

@JoshThanks for the helpful link. Bummer on it being enterprise only.

@gelflex-cc Good idea, but only effective on desktop. The mobile app (which we'll be using in the field) doesn't enable a way to view a filtered list of contacts where the street address is visible.

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@olson HMM. Whenever the mobile app doesn't do what I need, I go to a mobile browser and get it done. 

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@olson @Josh 

I use filters and column data in FREE CRM.

First If the state and or city is known, I filter by that.

Then I change the view in the columns to show the street address.

Then I sort the street field. then I can scroll for the number.

I know this is not the fastest but for me, it makes a difference. Filter the known and adjust columns and sort the rest.