CRM

seliav
Participant

save default field groups for lists, contacts, and exports

SOLVE

I need to view different fields of users in different lists, depending on how that list is used. For example, with leads, I'd want to be able to quickly view and sort for different fields than I would with customers. There are a few combinations of fields that I use in lists, contacts, and exports, but each time in each tool, I need to manually select the correct fields. 

It would be super helpful if I could set default views to quickly set up the columns I want shown. Being able to quickly toggle to the right group of columns in the "Contacts" tool and in the list tool would be a huge time-save. I'd also like to more easily set the properties in an export, but this would happen automatically if the columns are easy to set in the contact management tools themselves.

It would also be great to save the columns set in lists individually. right now, changing the columns in one list affects all lists. So every time I need to work with certain columns in a list, I have to set it up again.

Basically, having the ability to more easily control the columns that are displayed would be so much more efficient.

1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @seliav,

Using the filters and saving them will allow you to also save the columns in those views. For example, you could create a filter in which Lifecycle State is equal to the customer. After that, edit the columns you want to see for customers and then save that filter. Every time you use that view/filter, the columns will maintain. You can then also export from that view or create a report with that view based on the filters and the columns that exist.

Here's an article on saving and accessing views using filters.

I hope this helps!

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @seliav,

Using the filters and saving them will allow you to also save the columns in those views. For example, you could create a filter in which Lifecycle State is equal to the customer. After that, edit the columns you want to see for customers and then save that filter. Every time you use that view/filter, the columns will maintain. You can then also export from that view or create a report with that view based on the filters and the columns that exist.

Here's an article on saving and accessing views using filters.

I hope this helps!

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

eshwarbg

SOLVE

Hi Josh,

I think what you have suggested is a good solution. But, I doubt if we can add an OR in such filters, only and can be added I think so. Isn't it? Please let me know if there is a way to add OR too.

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @eshwarbg, you are able to filter by and/or in lists ( more information here

Is this what you are referring to? If not,  The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

seliav
Participant

SOLVE

That's good to know. Thanks Josh.

Still think it'd be helpful if that were true for lists as well!