CRM

ULending
Mitglied

relating contacts to each other

lösung

Hi, am looking to document relationship between a loan borrower (Contact) and the referring person/real estate agent, etc (Ideally, a contact). I've seen the suggestion to use companies, or deals? Thanks for the insight. I want to have a hyperlink available to go to referring agents, etc. thanks.

2 Akzeptierte Lösungen
relabidin
Lösung
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

lösung

Hi @ULending,

We do not have a feature that formally relates contacts to one another. However, you can create a custom contact property (of the single-line text field type) and use that to store a link from one contact to its related contact. This could be cumbersome because you would need to ensure that Contact A links to Contact B, and then Contact B links back to Contact A. If you use companies or deals to relate these contacts to one another then that would make things more simple.

Rami

HubSpot Support

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @ULending and everyone,

Great news, it's now possible to associated records of the same type, see this public beta:

Tickets | Custom Objects | Contacts | Deals | Companies

[Public Beta] Associate Records of the Same Object Type

Oct 18, 2023

What is it?

Same object associations give customers the ability to associate a CRM record to another record of the same object type e.g. a contact to a contact or a deal to a deal. These new associations are available for contacts, companies, deals, tickets and custom objects and can be leveraged across core HubSpot tools. Watch a short video on how this works.

Why does it matter?

Customers want HubSpot to reflect the reality of their business; this often includes a web of contacts or a collection of related companies. Without the ability to connect contacts to contacts, companies to companies and other objects to their same type, customers have been missing key relationships in HubSpot.

How does it work?

Users can now create associations between records of the same type for contacts, companies, deals, tickets and custom objects. On each record, you’ll see a new section in the right sidebar which reflects the type of record you’re on e.g. you’ll see a contacts section while on a contact record.

Customers with at least one Pro or Enterprise subscription can also create either a single label which is the same in both directions e.g. two contacts have the label colleague or a pair of labels representing two sides of a specific relationship e.g. student and teacher. When applying labels, you’re able to preview the application of the labels to ensure it’s correct before creating a new associations.

Same object associations can be leveraged in the following features:

• Calculated properties
  • Custom Report Builder
  • Import
  • Index Pages
  • Lists
  • Records
  • Workflows

Who gets it?

All hubs and tiers can create associations between records of the same object type (with custom objects being available to enterprise tiers only). Labels are only available to Pro+ customers as well as in custom report builder and workflow support.

You can find this beta here:

karstenkoehler_4-1697690365566.png

Have a great day everyone!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

25 Antworten
bkinnard
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

I agree with this. We also used to use ACT and used this a lot. I always hate having to give up features. 

relabidin
Lösung
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

lösung

Hi @ULending,

We do not have a feature that formally relates contacts to one another. However, you can create a custom contact property (of the single-line text field type) and use that to store a link from one contact to its related contact. This could be cumbersome because you would need to ensure that Contact A links to Contact B, and then Contact B links back to Contact A. If you use companies or deals to relate these contacts to one another then that would make things more simple.

Rami

HubSpot Support

mali57
Teilnehmer/-in | Platinum Partner
Teilnehmer/-in | Platinum Partner

lösung

The provided solution/work around is very very basic. What if Contact A links to Contact B and it also links to Contact C? What will we do then? it can only handle 1-1 relationship and that is manually as to my knowledge no workflow component can help us achieve this.
This thread is very old and this functionality is very basic with CRM perspective.  It should have been resolved by now. Any updates on this?

jmhrovat
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Are there any plans to update this? I'm setting up a CRM for a private school, and I would like to associate children to their guardians / parents. This seems like a simple integration and I'm surprise Hubspot hasn't already added it.

hohmann
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung
I’m not sure why this shows solved. A text field or deals aren’t really solutions for this. Using the deals creates a wrong count for open deals. The text field is also not a solution because in order to link two contacts it would require several cumbersome steps to relate just two contacts. We have some contacts that have to be related to their spouse, adviser, friends and family. It would take an unreasonable amount of time to do this.