relating contacts to each other

SOLVE
New Contributor

Hi, am looking to document relationship between a loan borrower (Contact) and the referring person/real estate agent, etc (Ideally, a contact). I've seen the suggestion to use companies, or deals? Thanks for the insight. I want to have a hyperlink available to go to referring agents, etc. thanks.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
HubSpot Employee

Hi @ULending,

We do not have a feature that formally relates contacts to one another. However, you can create a custom contact property (of the single-line text field type) and use that to store a link from one contact to its related contact. This could be cumbersome because you would need to ensure that Contact A links to Contact B, and then Contact B links back to Contact A. If you use companies or deals to relate these contacts to one another then that would make things more simple.

Rami

HubSpot Support

5 Replies 5
HubSpot Employee

Hi @ULending,

We do not have a feature that formally relates contacts to one another. However, you can create a custom contact property (of the single-line text field type) and use that to store a link from one contact to its related contact. This could be cumbersome because you would need to ensure that Contact A links to Contact B, and then Contact B links back to Contact A. If you use companies or deals to relate these contacts to one another then that would make things more simple.

Rami

HubSpot Support

Occasional Contributor
I’m not sure why this shows solved. A text field or deals aren’t really solutions for this. Using the deals creates a wrong count for open deals. The text field is also not a solution because in order to link two contacts it would require several cumbersome steps to relate just two contacts. We have some contacts that have to be related to their spouse, adviser, friends and family. It would take an unreasonable amount of time to do this.
Occasional Contributor

We used to work with Act! and they had a tab for Relationships. We have a dozen applications for this. Couples that are in the system with both contacts, but we need to relate them somehow, artists and their agents, clients and their designers, clients and their friends or family that are also clients. This feature in Act! is really old and we used it a lot. There must be a way to implement that easily. A Hubspot representative suggested to create "relationship" deals to relate people but that seams incredibly cumbersome.

Highlighted
jc Regular Contributor | Platinum Partner
Regular Contributor | Platinum Partner

We have the same problem. I can't see how this problem is marked as solved. It isn't. A text field isn't a relationship.

New Contributor

We have the same problem. Maximizer CRM has 'Related Entries'. A good way to link contacts to other contacts or to other companies. We need this badly in HubSpot.