CRM

wmupchurch
Participant

"reports to" field that has only values of existing contacts?

SOLVE

In Salesforce there is a concept of "reports to" so for example, you can add an admin contact and then in the reports to field drop down a list of contacts and then save that relationship in the contact record.  I know I can add a new property for a contact, but is it possible for me to force the value to come from the list of existing contacts?  Or do I need to do this?  Maybe the functionality is there, but I can't find it.   Thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @wmupchurch. What you're describing doesn't exist natively in HubSpot. While there are some similarities in the essentials of the HubSpot and Salesforce schemas, there is no user lookup in HubSpot on users that allows you to enter a manager value.

A lot of the complexities of Salesforce relationships won't exist in HubSpot, because you're only dealing with contact, company, deal, and task objects. The HubSpot Owner association is the only place where HubSpot user data is connected to any standard HubSpot objects (and even then, it's unmodifiable). 

If you are using Salesforce and HubSpot, you can map calculated fields from Salesforce to HubSpot representing the Assigned To value, but that wouldn't allow you to set the value from HubSpot. To accomplish what you're suggesting, you'll need a custom HubSpot property, and some method of populating it with the necessary values. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @wmupchurch. What you're describing doesn't exist natively in HubSpot. While there are some similarities in the essentials of the HubSpot and Salesforce schemas, there is no user lookup in HubSpot on users that allows you to enter a manager value.

A lot of the complexities of Salesforce relationships won't exist in HubSpot, because you're only dealing with contact, company, deal, and task objects. The HubSpot Owner association is the only place where HubSpot user data is connected to any standard HubSpot objects (and even then, it's unmodifiable). 

If you are using Salesforce and HubSpot, you can map calculated fields from Salesforce to HubSpot representing the Assigned To value, but that wouldn't allow you to set the value from HubSpot. To accomplish what you're suggesting, you'll need a custom HubSpot property, and some method of populating it with the necessary values. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.