CRM

hcheney
Mitglied

"Subject Line" doesn't exist for Contact Form submissions to Conversation Inbox

lösung

Hi there, 

I have set up a Contact form and connected it to my conversations inbox. Unfortunately, when a user submits the form the form submission message comes through to the conversations inbox without any "Subject line". 

I added a field called 'subject' in the form itself but this just comes into the message, not as the actual email subject in the conversations inbox. As we want our employees to be able to hit reply and have a valid email subject from the form submitter, how can we achieve this? I don't even seem to be able to enter in a subject line in the conversations email reply to a form submission. Can anyone help? 

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
webskipper
Lösung
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thanks, @viath - It finally works! Lachender Roboter

How did you figure it out?

Any way, I wish I could mark your reply as solution to this thread, but it seems I can't.

I'm going to repeat it here so there's less chance of readers missing the solution.

Solution:

1. Edit the Form
  2. Include a new "Single-line text" with a group of "Email Information" and label "Subject" (internal name "subject") - You can choose a different label if you prefer, but internal name has to be "subject".

Any Form that has a "subject" Field submitted through should populate the Subject field in Conversation email replies automatically.

This solution is tested and confirmed working for both the Quick Reply and the the Email Editor

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

31 Antworten
webskipper
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung
Hi @JohannesDryft

It’s been a while since I checked, but last time I tried to find a solution, I had the exact same issues as you and I share all your observations.

Compose is the only way I know to get around these surprising and disappointing limitations with lower consistency and productivity as consequence.

HubSpot doesn’t seemt to engage in the community. At least not in this thread.

To everyone reading this thread, If you share the same experience please vote so we can get a better solution.

And if anyone has a solution besides using the composer, please share.
0 Upvotes
viath
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Edit the Form and include a new "Single-line text" with a group of "Email Information" and label "Subject" (internal name "subject").  Any Form that has a "subject" Field submitted through should populate the Subject field in Conversation email replies automatically.

hugoborjesson
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thanks @viath!

I use Gravity Forms on a Wordpress site with a Hubspot integration plugin, so I actually had to make some extra steps.

First I edited a form inside Hubspot and added a new "Single-line text" with internal name "subject" as you suggested.

I then went to Wordpress and edited my Gravity Form, adding a new hidden field and entered my email subject as the default value .

Next step was to go to the Hubspot setting for the Gravity Form and adding a new integration mapping the "Email subject" to the "Subject" field from Hubspot.

Prior to adding the "Subject" field to the "Email Information" group in Hubspot I didn't have the option to map any subject in the integration.

0 Upvotes
webskipper
Lösung
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thanks, @viath - It finally works! Lachender Roboter

How did you figure it out?

Any way, I wish I could mark your reply as solution to this thread, but it seems I can't.

I'm going to repeat it here so there's less chance of readers missing the solution.

Solution:

1. Edit the Form
  2. Include a new "Single-line text" with a group of "Email Information" and label "Subject" (internal name "subject") - You can choose a different label if you prefer, but internal name has to be "subject".

Any Form that has a "subject" Field submitted through should populate the Subject field in Conversation email replies automatically.

This solution is tested and confirmed working for both the Quick Reply and the the Email Editor

YAydin
Mitglied

lösung

Seems like this solution doesn't work anymore

0 Upvotes
MBoos
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hm the procedure does not seem to work for us, or am I doing something wrong?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-15 um 10.42.09.pngBildschirmfoto 2021-07-15 um 10.44.55.pngBildschirmfoto 2021-07-15 um 10.45.54.png

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @hcheney,

Currently there is no way to have a subject line pulled in for form submissions. I would recommend using the field "subject" to copy and paste into the subject when your team members are responding to the form.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
webskipper
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung
@jennysowyrda, just tagging you so you can review the thread.
0 Upvotes
webskipper
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

I definitely see a problem in the UX and expected functionality regarding this - and that goes for both contacts and hubspot users.

See, thing is that the conversations view has a nice, simple interface. If you use this interface to reply to the contact, the subject line is... empty.

You are only able to add a subject line to outgoing messages when using compose, which is less than ideal.

What I was expecting:

• possible to pass form field value into conversation subject line (hidden field, dropdown, whatever)
  • possible to add subject to reply in conversations view without having to use compose. E.g. by prompting for it and maybe even giving suggestions.
  • possible to configure "greeting/fallback" subject line (the first in a string of manual messsages) so that subject is never left empty.
  • that I would never send out an email with empty subject line from a market leading CRM, sales and marketing tool - what year is this?
denisbkk
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Was just looking for a solution to this problem myself. Looking at the replky from HubSpot team, there is no solution to this? Or did you find any way out to add a subject when replying to people?

0 Upvotes
webskipper
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung
Hubspot doesn’t care. I found no other solution than to use the pop-out composer for my replies. It **bleep**.

Good thing I’m on the free plan.
0 Upvotes