CRM

VeV

"Automatically populate contact properties with HubSpot AI" is not working?

Hi all,

I'm a newbie with HubSpot and I'm trying to get familiar with all the fancy features which it has. We are starting to use HubSpot in marketing purposes, but now we are also considering that should we replace our current CRM system with HubSpot. We have connected our O365 mailboxes to HubSpot and we are trying to test how well it will fill our needs. Everything looks quite good at the moment, but there is one thing which we are wondering, related to creating contacts.

We have turned on Inbox automation (Turn on connected inbox automation) and we have also enabled "Fill contact details from emails with HubSpot AI" feature (Automatically populate contact properties with HubSpot AI).

We have understood that this HubSpot AI should fill information to contacts automatically, but in our case it is not working as described.

We have HubSpot Sales Outlook add-in installed. We have tried to create contacts so that we open an email from inbox and inside of HubSpot Outlook add-in we select "Add to HubSpot". This will create contact, but it will not fill phone numbers, job titles etc. even when this information is available in the email which we have opened (sender has included signature in his/her mail). Also this information is not updated automatically for that contact even though we have sent and received several mails from that same contact.

I tried to search more information about this feature from this community, but I wasn't able to find any clear answers. I would really appreciate if someone could help us in this case, because this feature is very interesting and it could save our time a lot if we didn't need to fill in this information manually for every contact!

5 Replies 5
HectorLuna
Participant

How it´s been a long time it seems, but that´s exactly what is happening to me and my coworkers, looks like that feature is not working correctly

did you communicate with support already?

cheers

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @VeV 

Thank you for reaching out!

I apologize for the delay here, it looks like this thread has slipped through the cracks in February. You can definitely get help here from the community managers and other HubSpot Users.

From what I can see in the knowledge base and what you're describing, the tool should work. 

However, I'd advise confirming you have connected your personal email to HubSpot and enabled inbox automation for the personal email in order for HubSpot AI to scan incoming emails, otherwise it won't work. HubSpot AI cannot scan emails that are sent to a team email address as well. 

I can see you have a paid subscription, which enables you to access technical support. You can do that by following these stepsI would recommend connecting with them as they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and further information about this, I advise you share with them the following: 

- Screenshot with the option activated

- one or two examples of emails with signatures that have the information HubSpot AI should get

- specific properties that do not get filled 

- corresponding contact records in HubSpot

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

VeV

Hi Tiphaine,

Thank you for your reply! Yes I have connected my personal mail to Hubspot as well I have inbox automation activated as well. I have followed all the Hubspot instructions, but for some reason HubSpot AI just doesn't work for me.

But thank you very much for that information how I can contact to Hubspot Support. I'll do that and let's see if they can help in this case. 

VeV

Ok, it seems that no one is using this feature because no one hasn't replies anything for my message... It would be nice to get at least somekind of reply from Hubspot itself that what is the purpose of this feature! I thought that this Community is the correct channel to discuss with Hubspot Support, but obviously not because no one hasn't reacted to this at all.

I would appreciate if someone could at least tell me that how I could contact to Hubspot support, if this community is not a correct way to communicate with them?

0 Upvotes
VeV

Anyone? Is this feature unfamiliar to others?

0 Upvotes