CRM

jlnovotny
Participant

"An error occurred when trying to update pipeline" when trying to change deal stage names

SOLVE

I am currently on the free account, but hopefully upgrading to the Starter pack soon. I am trying to change the names of the deal stages in my pipeline, but this message "An error occurred when trying to update pipeline" appears when clicking "Save". It doesn't specify what the error is.

Needing assistance! Other posts aren't quite directed at this problem.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

"An error occurred when trying to update pipeline" when trying to change deal stage names

SOLVE

Hi @jlnovotny 

Do you have Admin Permission to change the Deal Stage name? 

The reason I ask is that I just tried – in one of my free portals – and I could rename a Deal Stage.

Sounds odd that you can't... but hey, it's software!

: )

Mike

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike_Eastwood
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @jlnovotny 

Do you have Admin Permission to change the Deal Stage name? 

The reason I ask is that I just tried – in one of my free portals – and I could rename a Deal Stage.

Sounds odd that you can't... but hey, it's software!

: )

Mike

jlnovotny
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you. I tried again today, and it worked. The only difference between what I did was change one name at a time and save after each change. I couldn't change all of them at once, then save.

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood

SOLVE

Ummm... did it work?

Mike

0 Upvotes
jlnovotny
Participant

SOLVE

Yes, said it last post that it worked. Thanks.