new layout is too busy

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

is there any way to make this new hubspot contact layout look abit cleaner. it is so BUSY. 

its actually just made it more work now, having to scroll up and down 3 columns to find what you want rather than just 1, which i though was the whole point of the change. ? 

8 Replies 8
Occasional Contributor

It takes so many more clicks to make a task now. People typically like having everything in one place.  Why change it? Add the columns if you must, but the process to make tasks, add notes, etc. is extrememly inefficient. Please fix this asap.

Top Contributor

Adding in a comment that the new layout is really hard to read.

The old layout was very easy to see if someone had clicked, opened etc an email. Now it is much more difficult. Before I could glance at a contact to see if they were engaging with emails (I miss those lovely dots!).

I am sad they won't let me switch back to the old contact view.

Also really sad that they took this imput into consideration in the last redesign of the contact view and then didn't for this one.

Occasional Contributor

The new layout is so compacted and crowded. It had to be designed by someone who had absolutely no day to day user experience. If HubSpot wants to put this out, they should at the very least give the option to stay with the old layout. I truly hope they see how negatively the feedbck is regarding the new layout and reverse course on this disaster.

Regular Contributor

exactly how i feel, this seems as though whoever made the changes doesnt use hundreds of contact records a day! 

Regular Contributor

absolutely agree @mpike !! the old layout was very clear to see a contacts activity.. now it seems to be all very cluttered and compacted!  i dont see who this is an improvement for?

Top Contributor

hi 

my sales team are complaining that now it takes them an extra click to log a call with a selected outcome. And when they make more than 100 calls a day it is annoying. 

The other problem is the email window is too small - even when you expand it. I find it very difficult to scroll through an email (based on template) to find the points I need to edit. And it is impossible to view the email  as a whole to gauge formatting and layout. Please make the window expand to a much longer size. 

Thanks 

Occasional Contributor

It is as though HubSpot is ignoring the calls of customers who absolutely hate this new layout. If I wanted a cluttered and compacted view, I would have stayed with Sales Force.

Is anyone at HubSpot listening!!!!!!

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Product Team

Hi guys,

My name is Sophie, I work on the team that builds HubSpot CRM. Thank you for posting this feedback! I appreciate you taking the time and apologize for the delay in responding. We redesigned the record over the course of a year and spent a long time taking in and incorporating feedback from a large swathe of our user base. Overall, the response to the new design was overwhelmingly positive, which is why we rolled it out to everyone earlier this year and removed the option to switch back to the new design. 

That said, we are still constantly iterating on the record design to enable your team to do their jobs efficiently and effectively in HubSpot - we'll never stop working to improve it. I'd love to chat through your frustrations on the phone and dig into this feedback in more detail.

If you're willing to jump on a call, please let me know and I'll send you a meetings link.

0 Upvotes