CRM

bassamj

new deal - company/contact

SOLVE

HI,

I noticed that when I create a new deal, the system allows me to chose a company and a then a contact that has nothing to do with that company.
is this behaviour by design or is it me who missed a configuration?

if it's by design, why doesn't the system filter contacts based on the company chosen?

it is a very annoying behaviour, especially when you start to have many many contacts.

can you please help.

thanks
bassam

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Awesome, glad I could help. If you are happy, marking my previous response as your accepted solution will help other people zero in on our conclusion. 

Best regards, Phil.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi Bassamj, 

I noticed the exact same thing the other day. While I can't say if it is by design, it is the expected behaviour and not due to a setting you have missed. 

Testing this morning however I was able to confirm that in the Search contacts box, if you type part of the company name HubSpot will bring up contacts with that domain in their email address, so you can quickly filter by people at the same account. 

Hope that helps. 

0 Upvotes
bassamj

SOLVE

Hi Phil,

thanks for your input. Yes I tried your solution and yes it helps avoid mixing companies and unrelated contacts when creating new deals.

🙂 let's call it a solution for now

thx again

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Awesome, glad I could help. If you are happy, marking my previous response as your accepted solution will help other people zero in on our conclusion. 

Best regards, Phil.

0 Upvotes