CRM

JMccann

my form took all contact info but didn't include the message the contact submitted

SOLVE

So we have a form on our website and it is set to BCC the contents to the Hubspot CRM

https://www.complyflow.com/contact

The message contents come through in the email, but when the contact is created the message contents are missing (i.e. the enter your message) field. Any ideas?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

my form took all contact info but didn't include the message the contact submitted

SOLVE

Hi @JMccann,

It looks like this is a non-HubSpot form that is automatically collected by your HubSpot portal. For this type of forms, HubSpot will automatically try to map form fields to existing contact properties. If a corresponding contact property cannot be detected for a form field, the data submitted won't be stored on the contact record.

This is what I believe is happening for your message field: HubSpot can't detect and map the field name to an existing property in HubSpot. You'd have to make sure that HubSpot is recognizing that field and can map it to the HubSpot default property "Message".

More information on this here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/use-non-hubspot-forms#mapping-non-hubspot-form-fields-and-hubspo...

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
JMccann

SOLVE

Great, thanks @karstenkoehler 

I created a single-line text field property with the same name and it maps correctly now 👍

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JMccann,

It looks like this is a non-HubSpot form that is automatically collected by your HubSpot portal. For this type of forms, HubSpot will automatically try to map form fields to existing contact properties. If a corresponding contact property cannot be detected for a form field, the data submitted won't be stored on the contact record.

This is what I believe is happening for your message field: HubSpot can't detect and map the field name to an existing property in HubSpot. You'd have to make sure that HubSpot is recognizing that field and can map it to the HubSpot default property "Message".

More information on this here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/use-non-hubspot-forms#mapping-non-hubspot-form-fields-and-hubspo...

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.