CRM

Jef39
Mitglied

managing product upgrades and add ons

We have a list of SaaS Products. We want to manage the upgrades and add-ons available for each product (other products). Each product may have zero, one or more other products assoiciated in this way (ie they are suitable upgrades / add-ons).

How can I do this? Do I need to add a property to the product. How would this be done when there can be mulitple values? 

The main use for this is to present this to the user via an integration so that they can choose upgrades and add-ons ... so the information needs to be available via the API.

4 Antworten
Jef39
Mitglied

Not sure if this might help explain what I mean .. this is what we would need to do on the integrated product with all the syncing that that entails! ...

Fields

Product (text single line),

Product ID (single line text)

Upgrade (text single line), 

Upgrade_image (image). 

Upgrade_description (paragraph text)

Image_link (text or URL)

Relationship 

Product : Upgrade  

1 : many 

One product can have more than one upgrade

5 SAMPLE UPGRADE TABLE

Product_ID

Product

Upgrade

Upgrade_image

Upgrade text

Image_lnk

Admissions+ Sixth Form

Bursary+

<image>

<text>

https://dsf s_dfdsf _fsdf _ fsdfsdf

Admissions+ Sixth Form

Admissions+ Mulltiform

<image>

<text>

https://dsf s_dfdsf _fsdf _ fsdfsdf

Jef39
Mitglied

Hi @Josh

I understand what you are saying, but the information is really just for the integrated product to extract what upgrades are appropriate to offer customers. So it is more about how to record that relationship. If the customer follows up and does a deal on the upgrade then yes the upgrade would appear as a new line item in its own right. We could manage the option in the integrated product but it makes more sense to do it in HubSpot (though I don't know it well enoiugh to be sure this is true). BTW that link was really helpful thanks. 

0 Upvotes
Josh
Trendsetter/-in | Platinum Partner
Trendsetter/-in | Platinum Partner

Hi @Jef39,

I would typically view each of these add-ons/upsells as a unique line item. These are available through the CRM API

Using them as line items vs custom product properties gives you a bit more flexibility, especially if some of these add-ons have fees associated with them. 

Josh

Thanks for the ping @TiphaineCuisset

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hi @Jef39 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @Josh @LouiseGlover @Adeline_ @Mike_Eastwood do you have some thoughts for @Jef39 on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !