make contact in deals mandatory

SOLVE
New Contributor

Hi, when we create a deal is it possible to make the contact mandatory. So all teams must fill in a contact?

2 Accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor | Diamond Partner

Hi @Afd-mark 

Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment. The associated contact and company are in a section of the create deal dialogue that can not be modified. 

Your best bet currently is probably to document a process and make it mandatory - although I realise how hard this can be. 

Hope this helps.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Phil Vallender

Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
Diamond HubSpot Partner

Advisor

Hi @Afd-mark 

You can set up a custom filter so you can see which Deals don't have a Contact Associated.

Won't fix it but at least you can see who is responsible and nag them ;o)

In Deals click "+add filter" (on the left). The select "Associated Contact" is "Unknown", save your filter and give it a sensible name.

This will show you all the offending deals, you can add a column with HubSpot Owner to see who to nag.

If you have Marketing Pro you could set up a Deal Workflow that is triggered when "Number of contacts is 0", then assign the Deal Owner a Task (auto nag).

Again doesn't solve the problem but it helps you keep on top of it.

Mike

2 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor | Diamond Partner

Hi @Afd-mark 

Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment. The associated contact and company are in a section of the create deal dialogue that can not be modified. 

Your best bet currently is probably to document a process and make it mandatory - although I realise how hard this can be. 

Hope this helps.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Phil Vallender

Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
Diamond HubSpot Partner

Advisor

Hi @Afd-mark 

You can set up a custom filter so you can see which Deals don't have a Contact Associated.

Won't fix it but at least you can see who is responsible and nag them ;o)

In Deals click "+add filter" (on the left). The select "Associated Contact" is "Unknown", save your filter and give it a sensible name.

This will show you all the offending deals, you can add a column with HubSpot Owner to see who to nag.

If you have Marketing Pro you could set up a Deal Workflow that is triggered when "Number of contacts is 0", then assign the Deal Owner a Task (auto nag).

Again doesn't solve the problem but it helps you keep on top of it.

Mike