CRM

gotmike
Top Contributor

is there a way to blacklist domains and/or email addresses?

SOLVE

is there a way to prevent hubspot from creating contacts for certain email domains and/or addresses when BCC'd?

i'd like to do this to prevent emails to our attorneys, CPAs, and other service providers that don't need to be seen by the rest of our sales team.

same with emails between people at our company, which don't get logged in full content, but they do log the subjects if the recipients aren't users.

seems like this should be a setting somewhere. i bet most people don't even know it's happening.

i get that you can just "not check the box" when you send but hubspot has done a good job of getting that box checked on every email i send, so it's really hard to remember now that they have made it a habit. and of course, if i'm not the person sending, but someone else in the company, then i really have no control over that.

1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi all,

Just wanted to update this thread as since this topic was initially started, HubSpot has released the never log settings, which do allow you to blacklist domains from logging to the CRM. 

Thanks,

Jenny

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14
Jayson
Participant

SOLVE

Seriously there is still no way to blacklist some domains? Our issue is that the system automatically creates contacts from all the emails that are sent to our inbox on service hub side. This is a problem since we get a lot of spam as well and we wouldnt like to pay for the spam contacts. Adding domains to a blacklist that are not allowed to create contacts to CRM would be a BIG plus!

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi all,

Just wanted to update this thread as since this topic was initially started, HubSpot has released the never log settings, which do allow you to blacklist domains from logging to the CRM. 

Thanks,

Jenny

Wordna
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks @jennysowyrda

What happens if an email is sent to both a "normal" email and a "Never Log" email (whether as a To, CC, BCC)?  Will the email be logged in the "normal" email's activity log?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Wordna,

HubSpot doesn't log emails to email addresses that are bcc'd by default. Other than that, each email recipient is treated seperately, so the email would log to the normal recipient and not to the blacklisted email.

gotmike
Top Contributor

SOLVE

AWESOME!

Great news... Thank you!

0 Upvotes
Nicolai

SOLVE

Another reason to add this feature:

With new GDPR, companies are required to delete users upon request.

Since there is no "blacklist", this means that the user will become a Subscriber whenever they get re-added to Hubspot (from Chrome extension, or an integration with a customer service product (like FrontApp)).

Kressie
Participant

SOLVE

Huge security hole - we need this feature as well. Any updates on this? 

edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @gotmike  It's not possible at this time to blacklist domains or email addresses for sending in the CRM. The best answer we have for you is "just don't check the box"  I'm not sure if this is an engineering restriction, or just something that has not been considered yet. 

This is a great suggestions though, can you head over to the ideas forum and add this as a post?

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
gotmike
Top Contributor

SOLVE

well, i think you should really move this beyond just an "idea" given the gaping security hole this opens.

the way this is setup, anyone can add any person (ie - ceo@myco.com) as a contact and then i can go in and review all the email subject lines whenever i want.

seems like a pretty bad problem to have and i'd imagine that having a blacklist of some sort would be very simple to implement.

stevenljohn
Participant

SOLVE

as a new customer I 100% agree with the contributors to this thread.

The ability to prevent specific email addresses from being logged in the CRM is super-important. I am genuinely surprised this isn't already a feature.

Asking users to remember to toggle the track email on/off isn't a viable solution - it's anti-productivity (not great for a CRM). It means confidential information is liable to be viewed by people who shouldn't have access inside a business and imporant sales/customer information may not get tracked because the individual forgot to keep ticking a box on and off.

The toggle option is barely tolerable for teams only doing 1 function (sales for example) but anyone of manager level or anyway working between multiple functions will suffer from this lack of (pretty basic) functionality.

ktlbeech
Participant

SOLVE

Totally agree, its very annoying that I have to keep ammending the Log and Track boxes

Wordna
Top Contributor

SOLVE
RobAnders2

SOLVE

Is there any update here?

We have the same issue whereby some senior management who have different email domains to the hubspot account, are regularly being added as a CRM contact, and then logging sensitive mails in the system.

Unchecking boxes is not a solution - epsecially as some mails they are cc'd on should be logged.

Setting viewing rights such that other team members can only see their own contacts, is not a solution as they shoudl be able to see other customers

Without being able to block a specific user from being added, we have a major hole which can prevent us with broader implementation

R

hmschreiner
Participant

SOLVE

I'm having the same problem as well. Looking for an answer.