CRM

ajg5

importing updated contacts

SOLVE

I’ve hit a snag in trying to bulk update contacts and I see this message at the “Properties” stage:

No matches were found for the columns below.

You can either map each one to an existing HubSpot property, or create a new HubSpot property from scratch.

Columns without matches

Unmatched and unchecked columns will be ignored

It is a bit confusing as these fields would have been created BY Hubspot and not me via Office365 (Excel) . I’m not sure why there is no match :-S

I would like to retain the data as is – Contact ID helps me to cross reference, and there is existing data for Associated Deals and No. of Sales Activities, which I need to match.

Can anyone help? I created a Master excel file for GDPR updates and 3x spreadsheets, which pertain to the 3 Lifecycles we plan use for now: Customer, Lead and Opportunity.

Andrew Gillespie

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDoes my post help answer your question?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: Why don't some fields [created by HubSpot] match on import?

Short A: This is intended behavior.

Longer A:

Don't be confused. Certain fields created by HubSpot which are revealed during EXPORT aren't eligible to be IMPORTED (back into their original location).

Example:

• Contact ID
  • Associated Deals
  • No. of Sales Activities

These are just a few of the many fields HubSpot uses to 'manage' data in the CRM. While they are revealed during export you absolutely cannot re-import these fields back into their original locations in the CRM. (by design)

UPDATE:

- see [Now Live] 5 Updates to Import You Don’t Want to Miss (1-Aug-2018)

- see [Now Live] Import, Deduplicate, and Search Objects Using Object ID (16-Aug-2018)

- see [HubSpot Connect] - Import2 Wizard Integration (26-Jul-2018)

Always happy to help you build on HubSpot.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Solved?

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
JanaBand
Participant

SOLVE

Yes, as  @MFJLabs mentioned “Associated Deals” and “No. of Sales Activities” fields are calculated and cannot be re-imported. There is a solution you can use to recalculate them to match the actual number while importing.

For example, if you want the field ” Associated Deals” to match the number of deals associated with the contact you need to make sure link between contact & deal is intact, so Hubspot can calculate the number correctly. If you already have deals in Hubspot you can just update those links between contacts and deals. Here is a step by step overview on how to do that:  https://blog.import2.com/update-hubspot-deals-to-link-to-contact/

You can also update the links between contacts and activities and get field “No. of Sales Activities” recalculated using the steps described.

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Solved?

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
cedaly
Contributor

SOLVE

But you can import the Contact ID in to a new custom Field on the Contact Object.  The question is that ContactID is not exposed in the Contact Record, how do I know the Contact ID on the Contact Object was updated correctly?  (e.g. the migrated Contact ID is visible but the sytem generated contact id is not.

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDoes my post help answer your question?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: Why don't some fields [created by HubSpot] match on import?

Short A: This is intended behavior.

Longer A:

Don't be confused. Certain fields created by HubSpot which are revealed during EXPORT aren't eligible to be IMPORTED (back into their original location).

Example:

• Contact ID
  • Associated Deals
  • No. of Sales Activities

These are just a few of the many fields HubSpot uses to 'manage' data in the CRM. While they are revealed during export you absolutely cannot re-import these fields back into their original locations in the CRM. (by design)

UPDATE:

- see [Now Live] 5 Updates to Import You Don’t Want to Miss (1-Aug-2018)

- see [Now Live] Import, Deduplicate, and Search Objects Using Object ID (16-Aug-2018)

- see [HubSpot Connect] - Import2 Wizard Integration (26-Jul-2018)

Always happy to help you build on HubSpot.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com