CRM

KAcer
Colaborador(a)

importing excel data to "HS Notes"

resolver

Hi, I imported my contacts from a gmail contacts list. I previously used my "Gmail Contacts Notes" to record random information about the contact. (Wife's name, kids' names, favorite football team, literally anything). When I imported these contact, I created a new property called "Legacy Notes".

If possible, I'd like to populate that info into the native "HS notes" property. Once I do that, I will delete or ignore the old "Legacy Notes".

I tried a quick export and re-import, but I could not see the "HS Notes" property to map the info/data.

Is this possible? Thank you. 

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @KAcer,

When you want to import notes, you have to choose the following steps during the import process: File from computer > One file > Multiple objects > Contacts + Notes

Notes are not a property of a contact (hence not a single object import) but considered an object. You can find a sample Excel file for a notes import here. (It's for companies and notes but the logic is the same.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

2 Respostas 2
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @KAcer,

When you want to import notes, you have to choose the following steps during the import process: File from computer > One file > Multiple objects > Contacts + Notes

Notes are not a property of a contact (hence not a single object import) but considered an object. You can find a sample Excel file for a notes import here. (It's for companies and notes but the logic is the same.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

KAcer
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Sorry it took me so long to respond, but thank you. You nailed the issue and the solution. 

Danke!

0 Avaliação positiva