CRM

martin_montreal
メンバー

importing companies with contacts Together

解決

I am testing this system and would like to be able to Import Companies WITH Contacts together in one shot. Some contacts use non-corporate email addresses sp with the domain apparently used as the key to linking these 2, I am not confident that my database will start cleanly. Can I not just import a .CSV with Company, First Name, Last Name, and as many fields as I might want to MAP to whatever I set up in the db? Thanks. Could not find this anywhere here which I find quite odd as I am certainly not alone with this scenario. 

1件の承認済みベストアンサー
BrettLanguirand
解決策
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

Hello @martin_montreal,

Welcome to the Hubspot Community and thank you for your question.

At this time it is not possible to import companies and contacts in the same file.  As you mentioned, Hubspot has the ability to associate contacts with companies based on domain and email address.  If contacts use a freemail email address (gmail.com, outlook.com, etc.) then the tool will try to find values for the contact property "Company Website URL" in the import file to see if it can match the contact to a company.  This only happens for contacts with freemail email addresses.  

It is possible to import company name values into the contact property "Company" during a contact, but this property has no functionality in regards to the Companies section of the CRM so it isn't usually a feasible workaround.  

The Hubspot products are constantly changing, so there is a chance that down the road the import process could be modified, and maybe it would allow for importing companies and contacts at the same time.  This really is just speculation.  I don't have insight into whether or not this is on the product team's to-do list, but if you'd like, you can post the suggestion to make this available on the Ideas Forum.  

I hope this helps clear things up.

Brett

元の投稿で解決策を見る

22件の返信
VictorSalek
参加者

解決

I want to do the same...
Any news?

0 いいね!
jennysowyrda
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

HI @VictorSalek,

For an update on the import process and associating records, I wanted to share this resource.

Thank you,
Jenny

martin_montreal
メンバー

解決

That was a year ago. I did not use HS at that point. Did now, 1 year later and add to that a Proper Contacts De-dupe / Merge featureset as described in another thread I need to find again and add my vote to... 

0 いいね!
ptschol
メンバー

解決

Hi There!

I just tried to import contacts and companies via CSV file and failed several times, then found this support thread.

Guys - I am still stunning. You must be kidding.

Thats such a mega-fundamental feature and so simple to achieve. Are you sure I cannot simply import first companies and in a second step map the company's name and therefore using the CSV. The data are available, structured, in a CSV!!

Come on... I am really highly disappointed.

JasonRausch
参加者

解決

This is Database 101 man, how ridiculous for HS to have this failing...

IvanKarp
トップ投稿者

解決

Hi there! If the case is still actually, as an alternative you may take a look at data2crm service that migrates data with relationships between modules. Find more about HubSpot CRM Import or mail me directly. Thanks

0 いいね!
roisinkirby
HubSpot製品開発チーム
HubSpot製品開発チーム

解決

Hey @martin_montreal, I came accross this post and thought you'd be interested in @sjudson's new post on Company/Contact import best practices: Should I import my contacts or companies first into HubSpot CRM?

0 いいね!
ashley_milne
トップ投稿者

解決

Hi there,

To add on to Brett's reponse here, one alternate option you may wish to consider is using API to import the data.

Importing data over Hubspot's API will retain the record relationships exactly as you have them in your source data, and will link the records together in Hubspot during the import (regardless of the domain names). You can also import all of your records at once, without the use of files.

We offer this as part of our standard data migrations. You can check out how this will work with a free sample here: https://www.import2.com/hubspot/crm

Best,

Ashley

Shred_XJ2
メンバー

解決

Hi Ashley - it appears Import2 pricing and business model is focused on migrations. If I wanted to use the API for importing lists periodically, will Import2 handle this? I thought I would check with you before I reach out to Import2. Thanks!

James

0 いいね!
ashley_milne
トップ投稿者

解決

Hi James,

Glad you reached out! I'll look forward to speaking with you directly on the possible options that we may offer you to help alleviate this manual process.

Best,

Ashley

0 いいね!
jeremybluvol
参加者

解決

Is there a status update on this functionality? Seems like a very funamental flaw with with CRM and has wasted a lot of my time and our sales team's time. 

roisinkirby
HubSpot製品開発チーム
HubSpot製品開発チーム

解決

Hey @jeremybluvol are planning several improvements to importing in HubSpot. One of the big ones is making it possible to associate contacts, companies, deals andactivities (notes, emails, calls, meetings, tasks) to each other during import. This functionality is currenlty possible through HubSpot's APIs, but we want to make it easier for everyone to doas part of our import flow.

You can track this feature here

Shred_XJ2
メンバー

解決

For the record, I would like to ask that this issue be moved up in priority in HubSpot's roadmap.

The fact that HubSpot cannot map contacts to companies via import is a significant negative impact on workflow, requiring users to spend time, talent, and treasure to manually map them in the CRM. Currently, I must hire contract workers to do this mapping for me.

The ironic thing is that when we manually map them, in Contacts I search on the CompanyName property I imported to locate the contacts in question. The data is there...the technology should map them without all of the human intervention.

Thanks!

James

BrettLanguirand
解決策
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

Hello @martin_montreal,

Welcome to the Hubspot Community and thank you for your question.

At this time it is not possible to import companies and contacts in the same file.  As you mentioned, Hubspot has the ability to associate contacts with companies based on domain and email address.  If contacts use a freemail email address (gmail.com, outlook.com, etc.) then the tool will try to find values for the contact property "Company Website URL" in the import file to see if it can match the contact to a company.  This only happens for contacts with freemail email addresses.  

It is possible to import company name values into the contact property "Company" during a contact, but this property has no functionality in regards to the Companies section of the CRM so it isn't usually a feasible workaround.  

The Hubspot products are constantly changing, so there is a chance that down the road the import process could be modified, and maybe it would allow for importing companies and contacts at the same time.  This really is just speculation.  I don't have insight into whether or not this is on the product team's to-do list, but if you'd like, you can post the suggestion to make this available on the Ideas Forum.  

I hope this helps clear things up.

Brett

DSS-Gary
参加者

解決

Is there any progress on this? I've been struggling with it all day.

0 いいね!
aberger
メンバー

解決

Hi DSS-Gary,

For the more than 3000 contacts that we created, HubSpot did a pretty good job of reading the domain of the email address, but it did not create companies and assign them.

We are still going through the pretty painful process of:

1. Creating companies (adding the domain in the 1st field)

2. Clicking the "Add Contacts" button

3. Under "Add Existing Contacts" most of the contacts with the same domain will appear for you to check.

4. If you contacts are part of a company but not showing up, you need to manually search for them and assign them.

0 いいね!
DSS-Gary
参加者

解決

I'm confused -- there must be something I'm missing. I have a CSV with fields like:

CompanyName,CompanyDomain,FirstName,LastName,email

BigCo,bigco.com,Jenny,Frost,jenny@gmail.com

OtherCo,otherco.com,Bob,Frost,bob@otherco.com

Harvard,harvard.edu,Jill,Smith,jill@hotmail.com

Isn't that the right way to do it? But when I import, the contacts (specified by the contact fields) don't get linked to the new companies (defined by CompanyDomain). They're all on the same record in the CSV so they should get linked -- why aren't they getting imported correctly? I've been fooling with this all day!

0 いいね!
aberger
メンバー

解決

I imported a little more than 100 "contacts," many of which are multiple people in a single company.

After the fact, how do I use my "company name" property (on each contact) or their email address to create unique companies and have the contacts moved as employees of that company?

0 いいね!
jennysowyrda
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @aberger,

I wanted to share this resource which walks through how to create companies and associate them with contacts.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 いいね!
JasonRausch
参加者

解決

This is ridiculous.  What a fundamental FAIL for HubSpot, this is Database 101, man.  I am with jeremybluvol, shred_xj2, and ptschol.