CRM

martin_montreal

importing companies with contacts Together

SOLVE

I am testing this system and would like to be able to Import Companies WITH Contacts together in one shot. Some contacts use non-corporate email addresses sp with the domain apparently used as the key to linking these 2, I am not confident that my database will start cleanly. Can I not just import a .CSV with Company, First Name, Last Name, and as many fields as I might want to MAP to whatever I set up in the db? Thanks. Could not find this anywhere here which I find quite odd as I am certainly not alone with this scenario. 

1 Accepted solution
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello @martin_montreal,

Welcome to the Hubspot Community and thank you for your question.

At this time it is not possible to import companies and contacts in the same file.  As you mentioned, Hubspot has the ability to associate contacts with companies based on domain and email address.  If contacts use a freemail email address (gmail.com, outlook.com, etc.) then the tool will try to find values for the contact property "Company Website URL" in the import file to see if it can match the contact to a company.  This only happens for contacts with freemail email addresses.  

It is possible to import company name values into the contact property "Company" during a contact, but this property has no functionality in regards to the Companies section of the CRM so it isn't usually a feasible workaround.  

The Hubspot products are constantly changing, so there is a chance that down the road the import process could be modified, and maybe it would allow for importing companies and contacts at the same time.  This really is just speculation.  I don't have insight into whether or not this is on the product team's to-do list, but if you'd like, you can post the suggestion to make this available on the Ideas Forum.  

I hope this helps clear things up.

Brett

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22
frqnck
Participant

SOLVE

Have you been able to find a solution, we are considering using HS, but this is a basic function that will make us look at something different right away if this is not possible.

If anybody has a solution that would be greatly appreciated.

ashley_milne
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@frqnck

I saw your recent post and wanted to let you know that our tool Import2 Wizard does allow you to import from CSV both contacts and companies and link them using any field (i.e. not limited to just email/domain).

I hope this helps you out! You can create an account and try importing for free for files up to 1,000 rows here: https://wizard.import2.com

0 Upvotes