CRM

petercwilson
Participant

import contacts from excel with communication subscription set?

SOLVE

Hi there,

I've got a list of around 50 contacts to whom, we want to send an initial marketing email, following an event.     To get the email to actually send, the contact record needs to have the relevant subscription set.     I have built the subscription and email template already.

To save me having to enter all 50 records post-install, is there some way to import those contacts AND have the subscription imported/set as part of that?

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @petercwilson,

Here is a relevant article regarding setting a subscription type.

You can stick with post-import, but do it in bulk, which should only take a couple of seconds after import. I'd recommend creating a list on-import so you can quickly have access to those contacts.

Alternatively, you can add a value to the spreadsheet that is something like, enroll in subscription - true, and then use that as a workflow enrollment and set the subscription type that way, as referenced in the link above. If you have access to workflows, this would be my recommended approach.

I hope that helps!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
petercwilson
Participant

SOLVE

My solution:  post-import,  select imported contacts en-bloc & then set the correct subscription accordingly.   Worked a treat.  Thanks.

Josh

SOLVE

@petercwilson,

I'm happy to hear that it worked well for you. Thanks for reporting back!

Josh 

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

petercwilson
Participant

SOLVE

Cheers, Josh! I'll check those ideas out.  

Peter

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @petercwilson,

Here is a relevant article regarding setting a subscription type.

You can stick with post-import, but do it in bulk, which should only take a couple of seconds after import. I'd recommend creating a list on-import so you can quickly have access to those contacts.

Alternatively, you can add a value to the spreadsheet that is something like, enroll in subscription - true, and then use that as a workflow enrollment and set the subscription type that way, as referenced in the link above. If you have access to workflows, this would be my recommended approach.

I hope that helps!

Josh

Josh Curcio