CRM

gourav_evrcare
Participant

how to see recent notes in contacts list view?

SOLVE

I'm fairly new to HubSpot and couldn't find any resource/help on how to see notes when I'm in contacts list view. I understand that notes is not a property but it would help me to glimpse through the list and just read the latest notes left by the sales team instead of opening each contact and then seeing notes. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
willsmith
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @gourav_evrcare 

This solution is a little out of the box, but it may work for what you're looking for.
This may also be a bit more involved than what you would like, but you could create an Unsummarized Table Report with Notes as part of the data set. We did this for a client who needed to be "weaned off" Google docs, but liked the "look" of notes within the table. This will give you easy access to see all the latest Notes in one place. Unfortunately, as @DanielSanchez correctly points out, this really can't be done from the contacts list. Give it a try and let me know how it works out for you:

Here's how to create an Unsummarized Table Report:

Go to Reports

Select Create Custom Report then select Cross Object

Choose two objects - for Notes Activities must be selected. 

Report_Builder___HubSpot.png

Select the data you want to be shown. In this quick example, I selected contact create date is between January 1st 2020 through today. Be sure to also select the appropriate filters that apply to what you're looking for. 

For visualization, select TABLE and under the Configure Table select Unsummarized Data Table.

This should allow you to see some portion of the notes that have been left. If you need more detail, click the contact name to go to the contact record. 
Once you have the report you need, I suggest saving this to a dashboard for quick access. 

In case I didn't explain this well in the text, this video should help supplement this solution. 
Again, this is a little out of the box, but it could help. Good luck. I hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
willsmith
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @gourav_evrcare 

This solution is a little out of the box, but it may work for what you're looking for.
This may also be a bit more involved than what you would like, but you could create an Unsummarized Table Report with Notes as part of the data set. We did this for a client who needed to be "weaned off" Google docs, but liked the "look" of notes within the table. This will give you easy access to see all the latest Notes in one place. Unfortunately, as @DanielSanchez correctly points out, this really can't be done from the contacts list. Give it a try and let me know how it works out for you:

Here's how to create an Unsummarized Table Report:

Go to Reports

Select Create Custom Report then select Cross Object

Choose two objects - for Notes Activities must be selected. 

Select the data you want to be shown. In this quick example, I selected contact create date is between January 1st 2020 through today. Be sure to also select the appropriate filters that apply to what you're looking for. 

For visualization, select TABLE and under the Configure Table select Unsummarized Data Table.

This should allow you to see some portion of the notes that have been left. If you need more detail, click the contact name to go to the contact record. 
Once you have the report you need, I suggest saving this to a dashboard for quick access. 

In case I didn't explain this well in the text, this video should help supplement this solution. 
Again, this is a little out of the box, but it could help. Good luck. I hope this helps. 

MaxPrum

SOLVE

I only have marketing basic so hubspot won't allow me to create a custom report.  I would just like to be able to see the recent notes that a colleague enters.  So if he goes through and makes a bunch of calles and and leaves notes about them in a variety of contacts or deals then I could just call up and look at all the most recent notes activity.  I can't find a good way to do this.   Is there a filter that could be used?

willsmith

SOLVE

Hi @MaxPrum 

Reports_dashboard.png

If you use the standard HubSpot Productivity report and select the date range you're looking for, you should get the information you need. Then, click on the note number to see the notes you're looking for based on the date range you've selected. 
Pro Tip:  it would be best to have your colleague log the calls rather than making notes. This is a better way to account for sales activities, especially when you are checking into contacts and the last time they were contacted.  Too many notes can make it difficult to find the information you're looking for.

I hope this helps. Thank you. 
-Will

gourav_evrcare
Participant

SOLVE

report might solve the issue but just found out creating custom report is a 200$/mo paid feature for which I don't yet have the apettite for. Gonna stick with the filtered contacts view method for now.

TK28
Participant

SOLVE

Agree. Whatever is there inside the Hubspot, it should be free. Hope the dev team could add a Note Property for us.

DanielSanchez
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

An excellent idea to use the reports, @willsmith 👏👏👏. It must surely be the best solution for this case. 

I learned a better way now.

Thanks for sharing!

DanielSanchez

SOLVE

Hi @gourav_evrcare ,

Unfortunately, I don't know a way to see the notes without contacting them. But the following information may be useful.

U can create one list for filter all contacts that have call or activity notes, and use others condition to better result, how lifecycle or Last modified date for example.

call.PNG

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Best regards!

0 Upvotes
gourav_evrcare
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for quick reply. that doesn't serve the purpose but atleast reduces my efforts. thanks for attaching the screenshots.