CRM

karien
Participant

how to disassociate an email just being sent from the contact record

SOLVE

how to disassociate an email just being sent with the FROM address being the filtring criteria

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @karien,

Could you give a bit more context and share details? It sounds like you're trying remove an activity association. Where would you like to remove the activity from, from a contact record? If so, I'd assume it's a sales email – which shouldn't have the sender's own connected personal email as from address. Which filter criteria are you referring to?

The more details, the better I'll be able to help.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @karien,

Could you give a bit more context and share details? It sounds like you're trying remove an activity association. Where would you like to remove the activity from, from a contact record? If so, I'd assume it's a sales email – which shouldn't have the sender's own connected personal email as from address. Which filter criteria are you referring to?

The more details, the better I'll be able to help.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karien
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, at this moment in time its seems our account manager is having a look at it. I think they already changed something on there side, because while running my workflow without any changes to that specific code block, i see that finally it succeeded in disassociating the activity from the contact record.  Thank you for you help and assistance
its seems the reason was that i didnt have permissions?(private app) not sure, im waiting for feedback from support. thx

0 Upvotes
karien
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler 
Yes im trying to disassociate an activity form the contact record... i have tried endpoints

#activity_id=event.get('inputFields').get('activity_record_id')
contact_id = '#'
activity_id = '#'

url = f"https://api.hubapi.com/engagements/v1/engagements/{activity_id}/associations/contact"
headers = {"Authorization": "Bearer {OAUTH}".format(OAUTH=OAUTH)}
data = {"id": contact_id}

response = requests.delete(url, headers=headers, json=data)

print(response.text)

-->>but get 404 (and yes my record is are correct, OAUTH CORRECT. ETC. 

https://api.hubapi.com/engagements/v1/engagements/33169041831/associations/company

also gives 404 not found

BUT

https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/21963024/contact/56195/view/1?engagement=33169041831
is TRUE (exists)??

also tried hubspot.crm.objects import AssociationsApi but keep running into errors due to the huspot portal environment not upgrade/update to the newest libraries... i cant use libraries that arent available to use... so im stuck at a rood block.. 

down below is just my latest problems i run into.... 

'Client' object has no attribute 'crm_associations_api'

No module named 'hubspot.crm_associations_api_client'

can not import CrmAssociationsApi on hubspot portal

AssociationsApi' object has no attribute 'delete'

'AssociationsApi' object has no attribute 'delete_association'

cannot import name 'BatchInputBody' from 'hubspot.crm.objects' on portal

Unable to import module 'hubspotHandler': cannot import name 'ObjectType' from 'hubspot.crm.objects' on portal

'AssociationsApi' object has no attribute 'delete_batch' on portal

Unable to import module 'hubspotHandler': cannot import name 'BatchInput' from 'hubspot.crm.associations' on portal

'BatchApi' object has no attribute 'create_batch'

why is my portal environment running an older version of the hubspot library?

ALSO 

If you're a Super Admin in HubSpot and you're not seeing the "Engagements" scope, it's possible that your account doesn't have access to the Engagements feature in HubSpot.

The Engagements feature in HubSpot is a paid feature that allows you to track and manage interactions with your contacts, such as emails, calls, meetings, and tasks. If your HubSpot account doesn't have this feature enabled, you won't be able to access engagement data through the API.

To check if your account has access to the Engagements feature, you can navigate to the "Settings" menu in your HubSpot account and look for the "Engagements" option in the left-hand sidebar. If you don't see this option, it's likely that your account doesn't have access to the feature.

Note that adding a new scope to your app may require additional permissions or approvals from HubSpot. You may need to wait for the scope to be approved before you can start using it to access data through the API.

0 Upvotes