exporting Deals, amount is text

amessage

We are a child sponsorship organization and deal with number of children and not $ Amount for our deals.  Are you able to format the deal's properties as a $ or # and not a $ Amount default property? We would like to use the Deals vs. Goals for reporting as a number and not a $.

Thank you for your insight.

Anna

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @amessage ,

By default the amount property for deals is going to be associated with an amount of money.

This thread also discusses how to use HubSpot for relationship management, which may be a good starting point.

@Mike_Eastwood do you have any suggestions for @amessage ? 

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

Hi @amessage 

I agree with @jennysowyrda the Amount field is a dollar field.

You could use it but you risk creating confusion for your team in the future. And you limit the ability to later use the field for dollars (e.g. if you ran a fundraising campaign).

Therefore, I recommend you create a new numeric Custom Field and name is something sensible like "Number of Children". Then you can use the number in views (just add the column) or lists, or workflows (depending on what version of HubSpot you use).

This probably won't help you with goals or forecasts however it will save confusion in the future.

For one charity we created a custom dashboard(outside of HubSpot) which allows us to display data from HubSpot and creates totals, groups (by membership type), filtering based on dates, etc. This was a custom build so it took some effort but in the end it gave them all the reporting they needed for their board and the New Zealand Charity Register.

Hope this helps

Mike

amessage

I agree with your suggestion about adding a new property.  I did create a Number of Child Profiles property that I may use instead of Amount to avoid confusion in the future.  Thank you.

Anna

0 Upvotes
amessage

I will consider your suggestions.

Thank you

Anna

0 Upvotes