CRM

amyhazlehurst
Membro

error uploading leads list

resolver

Hi there!

Uploaded bulk CSV uploads of our old CRM database, and got many errors for different reasons. A bulk of them are due to the email address error message being 'email doesn't validate'.

Other error messages are 'Cannot parse property 'market_sector' enumeration option 'Professional Organisation'

Please can you tell me how to solve this by: 

a) removing uploads, so that I can start again

b) sorting the error messages, particularly for email addresses, as I am almost certain they are correct.

Please get in contact! Thanks

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
bradmin
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

Hi, @amyhazlehurst. You'll want to go through the .csv of errored results, to see how many different kinds of errors there were. There are two classifications in Column A of the exported .csv: 

- Warning: Indicates that at least one of the values imported did not write to the contact. This can be for a number of reasons, usually including nonmatching picklist values, or values of an incorrect data type. Any valid data is updated on the contact; values marked with a warning are not.

- Error: The contact was not created/updated. This is almost always because an invalid email was passed for the contact in the upload.

The specific warning message you posted indicates that you're uploading a picklist choice which does not match the picklist's existing values. Sometimes, the value doesn't exist on the picklist at all; other times, a leading or trailing space can impact the upload. Make sure an exact match exists. 

After reviewing (and/or updating) the picklist property, reattempt the import, and the intended market_sector value should pass. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
3 Respostas 3
jenngilligan
Membro

resolver

How do you delete your upload and start over? 

0 Avaliação positiva
bradmin

resolver

@jenngilligan, there's no delete of the list import - a record of that will always exist, even if you delete the contacts out of your portal. 

Deleting contacts and reimporting isn't really a recomended step, anyway. Deleted contacts lose their analytics if they're recreated, so any information related to page views or site visits is gone if you proceed this way.

If at all possible, correct any anomalies with contact property values via another import. In a CSV, passing the email address of an existing contact won't create a new contact, but update the existing record.  

0 Avaliação positiva
bradmin
Solução

resolver

Hi, @amyhazlehurst. You'll want to go through the .csv of errored results, to see how many different kinds of errors there were. There are two classifications in Column A of the exported .csv: 

- Warning: Indicates that at least one of the values imported did not write to the contact. This can be for a number of reasons, usually including nonmatching picklist values, or values of an incorrect data type. Any valid data is updated on the contact; values marked with a warning are not.

- Error: The contact was not created/updated. This is almost always because an invalid email was passed for the contact in the upload.

The specific warning message you posted indicates that you're uploading a picklist choice which does not match the picklist's existing values. Sometimes, the value doesn't exist on the picklist at all; other times, a leading or trailing space can impact the upload. Make sure an exact match exists. 

After reviewing (and/or updating) the picklist property, reattempt the import, and the intended market_sector value should pass. 

0 Avaliação positiva