delete imported CSV file

Occasional Contributor

Hello

when starting my CRM I added an old file of clients.

I now need to remove that file and can't seem to find it?

All the clients and companies are in my CRM, however, I need to remove them.

Please let me know where I can see the imported CSV file and press delete

Please let me know a solutions

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
HubSpot Employee

Hello @alanosborne,

You can access your imported files by going to the Sales side of your portal > Contacts > click the 'Import' button.  This screen allows you to import a new file, or see the files that have been imported.  There isn't a way to delete these imported files, but it is possible to delete the contacts/companies that were added to your portal during the import.  If you click on the name of the imported contact file, it will take you to a Hubspot list.  From there, you can check the box in the column header to select all contacts, then click "select all" at the top of the page, then delete. This video shows the process.  

Companies won't have a corresponding list, so you can either click on "Companies" in the top navigation, select all and delete (if you want to delete all companies in your portal).  If you don't want to delete ALL companies, you'll need to isolate the companies that you want to delete.  One way to do this is to filter the companies based on their create date, and select the date that the import file was processed.  

I hope this helps!

Brett

Occasional Contributor

Thank you, Brett

less painful than I thought.

Very clear instructions 

you're awesome 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @BrettLanguirand - I don't see how you can click on the file name to see the list of Contacts. Is this available in both CRM and Marketing?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @ashley_milne, we don't currenty offer this option within the CRM.

The best thing to do is use the filter for Create Date and use the date of import in conjunction with the original source drill down -1 Filter = IMPORT. 

This should help you narrow down. 

0 Upvotes
Esteemed Contributor

@nicolebrenner Thanks for clarifying! 

One thing that makes your suggestion a bit difficult is if you do multiple imports in one day with different files. I'd like to be able to filter by "Original Source Drilldown-2" (where the specific file name is housed) but it seems like this is not possible. 

Strangely enough I can filter by this field for those Contacts created within the CRM (i.e. the value is "CRM_UI") but the filter does not work for values from imports. Do you know why this would be? 

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

@ashley_milne

I've just replied to your other thread with more information about the Original Source Drill Down - 2 Module, but basically within the UI, we display the name of the import file, however on the backend, we store it as a unique list ID. Since the CRM platform doesn't have access to lists, this functionality is more limited than the marketing platform. 

0 Upvotes
Esteemed Contributor

@nicolebrenner Thanks for your reply! Do you have any recommendations then for how to filter by specific import, if you are doing multiple in one day (besides using custom field)? Is there any other native field in Hubspot which can be used to narrow down specifically in the CRM? 

0 Upvotes
Esteemed Contributor

Posting here in case it may be helpful to other users - I've created a guide on 2 different methods of reverting an import manually in the CRM: https://medium.com/import2/your-hubspot-crm-import-time-machine-22335bd9d4a5