Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

defining relationship for group companies with same domain

Highlighted

Hi there,

I have checked the community and have seen posts on this topics but there is no satisfactory answer I have seen. I added HSBC as an account (hsbc.com). I then wanted to add aallit's subsiduaries. I started with GBM (gbm.hsbc.com) but Hubspot won't let me add theis as a separate company. Differentiating contacts division is obviously important as is being avble to get a top down group view.

Any ideas?

BR

Simon

2 Replies
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

I have a smiliar question, of how to group companies when there is a group strucutre (i.e. parent company and several connected companies). This owuld be important when aggregating sales figures, for example. 

I hope this question gets answered. 

0 Upvotes
Esteemed Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi @sifur & @Nanaki 

Hubspot allows you to associate companies in a parent-child relationship: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/companies/how-can-i-add-a-parent-or-child-company...

I tested this out adding HSBC as a company with a domain of hsbc.com and then adding HSBC Div2 (just to differentiate it as a separate division) with a domain of gbm.hsbc.com. Then from the parent company, I selected "Add child company" and chose HSBC Div2.

parent-child-company.png

Does this answer your question?

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Matthew Shepherd

An Inbound Growth Agency
Platinum HubSpot Partner