deal doc attachments by type

Gabor_K
Participant

Hi,

I don't think it is possible but would be interested in workarounds:

We have different document types that we are attaching to deals. Examples would be contract, project plan, demo ppt etc.

Ideally, i have an upload field for each doc type instead of a long list of various documents. because document naming could be confusing. 

I would also need to see/report on if a document for each type/category has been uploaded or not.

currently i have additional custom fields that basically ask the user to confirm that a document was uploaded. This, however, adds unnecessary fields.

Any ideas/workarounds except the one I am currently using? 

Thank you!

4 Replies 4
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @Gabor_K,

Are you looking for a better way to organize the documents that you're uploading? 

It sounds like right now you have a field set up to confirm the file type when it is uploaded, is that correct? 

@Bryantworks@PatrickEng@MikeLawson do you have any workarounds or thoughts for @Gabor_K?

Thanks,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Gabor_K
Participant

Hey,

Sorry, i should have made that clear. I am looking for a way to report on uploaded items.

e.g. has document "XX" been uploaded.

Part of our workflow is that a certain document has to be created and then sent to a partner.

I want to report on deals where this has happened (document uploaded) and what deals are still missing that doc.

As a workaround, as you identified correctly, i have created a field that needs to be set to tell me whether the document has been uploaded. this works but leaves room for mistakes - e.g. not setting the 'doc uploaded-yes' flag.

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks
Key Advisor

Thanks for the tag @jennysowyrda !

Hey there @Gabor_K , Natively I don't think there's a way to report when a specific document has been uploaded for a deal, but what you could do is make that field you've setup a required field to advance a deal to the later stages:

Settings - Google Chrome 2019-07-30 21.54.07.png

Would a setting like this work for you?

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
0 Upvotes
Gabor_K
Participant

Thanks Bryan.

I thought of that as well but dont think i want to implement that.

this being said and since the doc is a must for each deal, i will just create a report that shows the "uploaded yes/no" status and hold the team members accountable for keeping their deals up to date.

0 Upvotes